Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Butterflies and bunnies

Mothermark's teaparty challenge is to bring butterflies, and on Sunday when I was looking at the Featured Stamper's gallery I saw THIS CARD and thought it was the perfect chance for me to use on the crocheted butterflies I made and combine the two challenges!





My card has no stamping at all.  I rubbed an ink pad of creamy caramel ink on to some white card stock and then embossed it.  I then rubbed a piece of sandpaper over it to make the embossed pattern show up a bit more.  The paper in the background is some I found on the internet, but I colored parts of it blue with a Copic marker.    The butterfly was crocheted from white cotton crochet thread, but I soaked it in blending solution and then dropped some of the same blue ink on to it.  While it was still wet I shaped it and it dried stiff and kept it's shape pretty well.  To finish it off I added some ribbon, lace, and tied a butterfly charm on with some twine.

Another little project I did over the weekend was to make this little bunny box.

I saw one on Pinterest and copied it using my own punches and dies.  There is a box in the middle to hold a treat.  I followed the tutorial for the box on THIS TUTORIAL from Splitcoast Stampers.   Here's a side view


I added a little pink pom pom for the tail on the back.


It really is cute, and was easy to make.  I gave it to my best friend for her granddaughter.

17 comments:

Lynnor said...

Bunny box is just adorable!! The card is stunning!!! I love the soft colors....the butterfly pops right out but still soft! Great textures too. Love it!!

Linda said...

Oh these are wonderful. I love your butterflies and that adorable bunny box.

Reflections from Granny said...

Holly, your crochet butterfly is beautiful, very pretty card.

Bunny box, oh my, I do love those bunnies, this is so stinking cute, is this for Riley's goodies?

Hugs, Lori m

wannabcre8tive said...

Love your card and the vintage feel of it. It is beautiful. The little bunny box is precious. It is amazing what we can make with punches.

Shawna said...

Oh your butterfly card is yummy! Your color choices are so perfect together. Very classy card! That bunny box is adorable!! Your friend's granddaughter will love it!!

Dawn Frost said...

Both are nice Holly... ok the bunny is adorable! I just love his little tail, lol!

Patricia St Martin said...

Oh Holly both cards are just adorable.. But the bunny one I'm going to have to make that for Emma. She is so busy now with school, piano and gymnastics. I think soccer starts next month. She is in kindergarten this year and is on the honor roll she is #1 in her class. I'm so proud of her. I'm going to save this post and let her read it and I'm sure she will was to say something to you as it has been a long time and she will remember you. I want to say your butterfly is stunning.
Hugs, Pat
She will be by this week end.

*Vicki* said...

AW!! Holly, I love those butterflies on your creation!! The papers are gorgeous!! That bunny box is too STINKIN cute!!! he makes me smile!! Great job Holly!! :) Enjoy your day!

Elaine A said...

Holly -

I adore both of your projects. Love that butterfly, and that little pink bunny tail just takes the cake!

Elaine Allen

Beebeebabs said...

Love your work you did a nice job on both tfs!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

beeeeeeeee utiful card. absolutely LOVE that bunny box! you totally rock!

yeah, he said he'd put in the freeon AND a sealant. said we'll know next summer if the sealant worked. if not.... OUCH!

maybe we'll have a not-so-hot summer! ywah, right! am i a dreamer or what????

do you hear from freida????

hugs :)

bumblebee creations said...

I love both of your cards/projects! I thought for sure you were gonna say you gave the bunny to the boss's little girl! I totally LOVE that beautiful butterfly!!

Dixieglitzie said...

holly, can u say "take my breath away"? omgoodness that card is gorgeous! ...and the bunny box is simply adorable. great work!

Scrappin Sista said...

How cute!! Just perfect for a sweet little girl!

Tammy said...

Your butterfly card is very pretty but I love, love the bunny treat box! Absolutely adorable!

Patricia St Martin said...

Hello Miss Holly,
This is Emma, I over at Grandma's house and she showed me your bunny card and your butterfly I really like the butterfly card and the bunny box that can hold anything small he has a cute pink bunny tail. Grandma and I are going to a Easter egg hunt today.
Love, Emma

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Aww look at your cute candy box and the cotton tail. And I like the paper and the butterfly on your first card.