Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Outlawz Clean and Simple

Finally it's the middle of the week! I don't know why this week seems so long to me, but several times yesterday I would catch myself thinking it was already Wednesday and would be disappointed it was only Tuesday. Maybe it's the time change or something.

Today's card is one I made for the Clean and Simple challenge that Outlawz posted on Sunday. The challenge was it had to be a clean and simple layout of course, and it needed to have a floral theme. I scrolled through my Squigglefly images and chose this Picking Flowers image by Angie Davis. She has so many really sweet bird images!



I used Copic markers on the image and chalk on the sky. The sentiment was computer generated and printed at the same time as the image. I did doodle the line along the left edge and little "bows" at the end of the lines. I scored some lines on the card base and then punched a couple of holes at the top to tie my ribbon through.  A really simple card, but I think it's so sweet.

I would pester you to join Squigglefly's blog challenge, but I haven't even done it myself!  Maybe tomorrow...

8 comments:

Patricia St Martin said...

Holly, Very nice clean and simple card. Good luck on the challenge at the Outlawz. New challenge starts tomorrow at Twisted Thursday at Outlawz and I did a sigglefly image and it will be posted tomorrow.

Tammy said...

I agree with you, really sweet card! Love your bow treatment, very crafty of you!

wannabcre8tive said...

So pretty, love the CAS style.

Dixieglitzie said...

holly this one is just baby doll cute....really, so sweet:)

Scrappin Sista said...

very cute and simple card!!

Beebeebabs said...

Such a cute cute card - love it!!!

Dawn Frost said...

Great CAS card Holly, looks very springy!

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

This is cute. Love the little bird picking the flower perfect for the sentiment.