Friday, March 9, 2012

queen for the day

Hi and happy Friday! Every Friday Splitcoast Stameprs has something called Queen For The Day where a member is given the title of "Queen" for the day. It's a way of honoring those who leave nice comments on people's cards and join in a lot of the challenges. It's kind of like the featured stamper challenge which you know I love. Well last Friday the Queen was a lovely lady and I wanted to play along.

I picked THIS CARD to CASE. For my card I used the ever lovable Mr. Wool by 
Sandy Sommerfeld and placed him in a flower filled field. (say that three times real fast!)




I punched a flower border from the same designer paper and taped it to the back side of the hill. The sky was chalked and my clouds were just erased. I added a little flower to the sheep and used one of the fun sentiments from Sheepish Sentiments (what a deal that is - five sentiments for 99 cents!. The big flower shaped button is one I got when on a recent trip to Wal Mart.

There's still a little time to play in Squigglefly's blog challenge - not many players this week so your chances to win are even better!

8 comments:

Tammy said...

Adorable Holly! Love the field of flowers, very creative and clever of you!

Linda said...

Love this Holly. The little hill was brilliant! Thanks for sharing.

Valerie Crider said...

So adorable! Love the hill with the flower border. The whole card is wonderful!

Scrappin Sista said...

too cute Holly!!

Niki said...

Very creative with the flower border, I love it! The sheep looks like he's up to some mischief.

Elaine A said...

Holly -

This is such an adorable card! I love your flowery hill and that little lamb, well darn, what a cutie!

Elaine Allen

Shawna said...

This is just the cutest card! Like everyone else I LOVE that flower border behind your hill of flowers. Very clever indeed!

Patricia St Martin said...

Oh how cute this is. Love how you punched a border for the flowers. Your little lamb is just darling. Thank you so much for all the nice comments you made on my blog it was so nice of you.
Hugz, Pat