Tuesday, March 6, 2012

royal tea party

Hi everyone! Today's card is one I made for the teaparty at Splitcoast Stampers. The whole background story is a cat who is heir to the throne ran away to have some fun before she had to settle in her life taking care of royal business, but her time away is coming to an end and she'll have to return to her castle. So, I thought that the Teacup Kitten that Louise Gardner drew was perfect! To make her "royal" I added the little crown .



I used copic markers to color and added some pearls, and little jewels and glitter to her crown. "Hello" was computer generated. The border at the bottom was made with one of the new edgeabilities inserts that I won from Spellbinders. These inserts fit in with the edgeabilities, but I don't have any of those (yet!) so I just used it as is and I still think it's pretty!

Our cards are going to the mother of the girl who does a lot of behind the scenes at Splitcoast Stampers. Her mother recently broke her leg and due to some other circumstances she has a long recovery road ahead of her. She is a big fan of Queen Elizabeth and loves cats.  Her favorite colors are burgundy and dark blue so I thought the designer paper had enough burgundy in it to please her.

For Riley fans I have a new video to share with you!  If you can't see it on my blog you can view it at you tube HERE.

13 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh my, what a sweet card! Love the sweet image and how crafty of you to add a crown. Love the pinks!

Tammy said...

Forgot to tell you how helpful Riley is! What a sweet, sweet pup!

wannabcre8tive said...

Awww, how adorable! I love how you added the crown and added the pearls.
Nice mix of dp's and great coloring.
Loved seeing the video of Riley. Brings back memories of the Wire Hair Fox terrier that I use to have.

Beebeebabs said...

Cute cute cute - love it!!!

*Vicki* said...

AWW! Holly, this is so sweet hun!! I just love all of the pearls on your design sweetie!! ;) HUGS

Anonymous said...

Now if you get Riley a driver, Riley could go on a senior citizen circuit opening pill bottles.

Riley will need a Super Dog cape, a theme song and a Squigglefly stamp of course!

You KNOW I like the cute card too. :)

Brat

bumblebee creations said...

what a super cute card Holly! Love that new image too!!

Shawna said...

Burger is lovin' having his girlfriend on video. Thinks he's pretty hot stuff to be sweet on a movie star!

bumblebee creations said...

oh your Riley is just too cute too!!! Loved the video!

Roxann said...

Riley is adorable! Very neat trick! I love your card, too!
Hugz,
Roxann

Dawn Frost said...

Great kitty card, live the glitter! Riley is great at opening pill bottles, lol! Thanks for the video.

Scrappin Sista said...

what a cute card!!

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Love the purple Knobs. I can’t wait to see the finish.