Saturday, March 10, 2012

What?!

Surprise! I'm posting at an odd time because I've been busy with errands since I got up this morning! It's supposed to rain tomorrow and I wanted to have all of my chores and running aroun done so I could enjoy playing in my craftroom tomorrow!

Squigglefly had another awesome release this morning, so you should swing by and see. And be sure to check the Squigglefly blog Monday for the new challenge and lots of inspiration for the new images from the design team!

A long time ago one of my sisters told me about a funny card she remembered seeing. It stuck with me and on Friday I saw the Queen For the Day at Splitcoast Stampers and saw THIS CARD which reminded me of the card my sister had described so that led to this



I used the new Welcome To Home Sweet Home image by Jackie Matthews and the adorable Daisy and Daphne from Fawn Palmer to create this scene. The sentiment was computer generated. Everything was colored with Copic markers except for the grass and sky, which are chalk. I stamped grass sprigs over the chalk and added some glitter to the heart shaped puff of chimney smoke.

Now for the inside



The cow is another one from Jackie Matthews called Hello There and I added a "shocked" exclamation mark above his head with a copic pen. Again, the sentiment is computer generated. Bet ya smiled, didn't you?

16 comments:

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

That's too funny Holly!! Thanks for giving me and my hubby a little laugh today. Smiles, Holley

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
I laughed out loud when I read the inside - too funny. Your card is really adorable - awesome use of those images!

Charlene Mitchell said...

ha ha ha. LOVE the tilted cow on the inside and his expression and the exclamation mark is perfect. Definitely brought a smile!

bumblebee creations said...

oh this is too cute Holly!!! Love it!

Tammy said...

OMGoodness Holly too, too funny and oh so sweet! Just love it!

Bugga in OK said...

Yes, I smiled! Too cute!

Patricia St Martin said...

Holly, Just a darling card and the inside makes it so funny. Super cute.

Linda W. said...

This card is absolutely the most adorable ever! Great ideas and composition Holly - and yes, I needed a laugh! Hugs to you, L.

Heather said...

Cute! Tee Hee!

Betty J Schaub said...

Hahahahaaha! Too darned cute!

wannabcre8tive said...

This is just too cute, love the humor and the new images.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Yup, I sure did! So cute!

Scrappin Sista said...

LOL!! Too cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Holly,

Is someone in trouble or has someone been farming too long?

Very funny card and beautifully executed. :)

Brat

Faith A said...

I LOVE your sense of humour, a bit wacky like mine LOL.

Haven't been commenting of late but just caught up, GREAT cards you have worked on since my last visit.

Beebeebabs said...

LOL sooooo cute!!!