Friday, March 16, 2012

What's The Buzz?

Friday is finally here and I couldn't be more ready for the weekend. How about you? Wednesday night I was working on a birthday card for a lady I know who loves everything to do with bees. I just finished the card up yesterday morning and was getting it ready to mail when I checked out Outlawz Twisted Thursday challenge which happened to be "things with wings"! How fortuitous was that?


My card uses a Squigglefly image called Busy Bee by Bonita Jones. It comes with a sentiment, but I created my own on my computer. I popped the bee up on a homemade wobble spring and it looks so cute! It looks like it's really buzzing about!  I added stickles to the wings and even though the photo doesn't show it well, I colored the sky with chalk.  It's a super quick, but really cute card don't you think?

There's still time to play in Squigglefly's blog challenge - and you've got a good chance to win if you use a Squigglefly image because we haven't had many players this week!

9 comments:

Tammy said...

Sweet birthday card Holly! Great coloring and pretty DP. Love that the image is on a spring, very clever!

Scrappin Sista said...

Now this is just the cutest birthday card, nice work Holly, have a wonderful weekend!!
Alice B

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so sweet, love that little bee that you have colored so beautifully.

Shawna said...

Cute card! Love the glittery wings!

Patricia St Martin said...

Holly, Just a darling card. Love how you have your busy bee and your sentiment. With your home made wobble spring that is just awesome. Thank you for the nice comment you made at my blog.
Hugs

Dawn Frost said...

You're right Holly its a very cute card!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

so glad ur joining us at the OUTLAWZ!

so? do you have a tutorial for the "wobbly spring"?

super cute card. love the look on his face!

it's like summer here. hope all is good there. i know... no snow!

hugs :)

Dixieglitzie said...

love ur bee...the card just makes me happy...great job holly:)

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Love the ribbon and paper. Cute Bee!