Monday, April 16, 2012

Come see all the new!

Hi everyone! I hope you had a really nice weekend. Mine was great but as always over way too quickly. I did get a little crafting time in, but my mojo went missing on me Saturday and I didn't get as many cards made as I should have! I hate when I have lots of crafting time ahead of me and my mojo just leaves me stranded in the dust. I ended up wasting lots of time on Saturday and on Sunday when I had so many things to do my mojo returned and of course I had less time to actually make the cards my mojo was finally wanting me to make! Does that happen to you too? What do you do to find your mojo when it's left you high and dry?

Squigglefly had a new release this weekend and they introduced a new artist I am so excited about. Diana Garrison has some wonderful images that I adore. Her images remind me of elaborate zentangles that are so fun to color! I hope you go by and take a look at her images and if you feel like I do, then go BUY them so she'll continue to send in more images. She has some fantastic artwork I'd love to have in Squigglefly's store.

Here is a card I made using Diana's Whimsical Dragonfly Border and this VERSE also from Squigglefly by Roann Mathias.






I really enjoyed coloring this, and the whole card came together really quickly.  I added some glitter to parts of it and then just matted the image with black and mounted it on a card.  Super simple, but lots of impact I think.  What do you think?

New challenge going on at Squigglefly's blog today - a fun Mystery challenge that I hope you'll join in!  I will tell you that my card qualifies for the challenge and earns 13 points!  I have three of the mystery items that total up to 13 points.  My card is a simple one so you should be able to figure out my three items easily enough...

I know I've told you about the incredible One A Day in May deal, but it's gotten even sweeter!  Everyone who purchases the One a Day In May is automatically entered into a drawing to win a goodie bag filled with over $40.00 of paper crafting products!   That alone is worth buying the one A Day In May  don't you think?   I've already told you that ordering through Facebook will earn you an extra image, but if you have signed up for Squigglefly Rewards the $30.00 purchase also earns you reward points toward two more images - so that's 34 images for only $30.00!


I hope your Monday is a good one!  Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Tammy said...

Sensational Holly! Love the fun border and fun colors you used!

Shawna said...

Love what you did with this wonderful image Holly. If I didn't know how fabulous you are at coloring I would have sworn this was paper pieced. LOVE it!

Linda W. said...

Oh Holly - I am soo excited about Diana's work - I just totally love this border on a card! Awesome!!!!!!!!

Carolyn said...

Wow Holly the colors are so intense on this piece of art-simply beautiful!
Carolyn

Dixieglitzie said...

holly this is simply GORGEOUS!!!

bumblebee creations said...

oh what a tease you are Holly! What a fun card!

Becky said...

What gorgeous colors and gorgeous design Holly. I love this.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

the colors u used just make that border pop! it's gorgeous!

hugs :)

Elaine A said...

Beautiful card Holly! I love the colors you've chosen and that little bit of glitz! WOnderful job!!

Elaine Allen

Charlene Mitchell said...

If I hadn't bought the image already Holly, I'd be rushing to the store after seeing your card! The colours you used are awesome and your added glitter gives it beautiful dimension. Love the simplicity of your layout! Gorgeous!

acreativeneed said...

Fabulous colors Holly! Love the image and what a fun challenge too!
hugs,Deena

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
How beautiful! I love the look of this card and Diana's border is gorgeous! Wow!

Faith A said...

You have certainly done the border justice and a great choice of verse.

Chesney said...

This one is one of your best yet.

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Beautiful Card! I really like the sentiment, colors, and glitter. Great job on your card AJ!