Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Craft Gossip Fork & Talk review and saved fail

Hi everyone! I overslept this morning so didn't have time to do my post. I didn't want to leave you hanging though, so like a good blogger I am posting when I can! Like a good employee I got my work done first! LOL!

First off I want to share a bit about the Craft Gossip Fork and Talk I went to on Saturday. The editors that were there all took pictures so that we could simply enjoy the event. They have uploaded the photos to flicker, so if you'd like to see the photos just click HERE.

We all received a big bag of products from EK Success. Some of my favorite items were a HUGE pad of beautiful papers, some beautiful Martha Stewart glitter, all kinds of stickers, and some great punches including one THIS 2 in 1 edger. This clever punch has a lever that you push to get a different look when you punch.

We all got to sit and learn about one another while we stitched up a cute coaster and coffee cozy in felt. We didn't have time to finish the project, but I plan on finishing mine so I can use it soon!

Now, you may remember THIS POST where I showed you a project I had started with the Moon Dance image, but the adhesive sheet I used was old and I wasn't happy with the results. Well, I worked on the image a little more. I used the Copic markers to color over the glitter which helped to brighten it up after the yellowed adhesive muted the colors so much. The one good thing about burnishing the glitter into the adhesive is that you can add color directly to the glitter without it coming off and messing up your marker.

Monday's greeting card challenge on the Outlawz is to make a card inspired by a song, and I thought with all the glitter and the stars this one fit perfectly with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, so I'm entering it there.



The sentiment is computer generated.  Here's a shot taken at an angle that shows the glitter a little better.


If you're looking for something to do today, why not enter Squigglefly's Mother's Day challenge! Have a fun day no matter what you do, and thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Suzy said...

Oh my goodness!!! What a great improvement to the colors after you went over the glitter again!!! I had no idea you could do that.

It looks amazing!

I was so happy to see you again on Saturday!

Patricia St Martin said...

Great job Holly, Love what you did with all your glitter and the copic markers sure did bring out your colors. Sounds like you had a good time, I'm going to have to check out your links.
Hugs, Pat

Faith A said...

That has come up beautifully and a great colourful card

Dixieglitzie said...

great "save" holly...it turned our soooooo pretty:) glad u had fun at talk and fork too!

Anne said...

I'm loving the glittery images!! I bet they're even prettier in person!

Thanks for coming out to our meet-up!!

Linda said...

wow this is beautiful. Colors really pop and the glitter really sparkles.
Sounds like a wonderful Saturday with lot of goodies.

Tammy said...

I still say the image and glitter is and was fabulous!

Diana Garrison said...

Wow, Holly! It really looks great!

Dawn Frost said...

Beautiful card Holly, love the colours. I've never coloured over glitter before, talking about brightening the colours, wow!

Niki said...

Great save, the colors are brilliant.

Becky said...

Gorgeous save Holly. I just love the vibrant colors and glitter.

Charlene Mitchell said...

What a save!!!! It's so obvious that you love Diana's images and you do such a wonderful job with them. This is fantastic!

Fawn Palmer said...

This is beautiful! Looks so elegant! I love it! Your talent is amazing!