Saturday, April 28, 2012

Have A Bright, Bright, Bright, Sunshiny Day!

Hi everyone.  I feel like I owe you an apology for being AWOL so much lately!  The problem is that the minute I get home from work we have been taking advantage of the cool days and take Riley out to the park.  We don't get home until 8pm, and by then there is barely enough time to take a bath and eat dinner before I'm ready to go to bed! However, summer has arrived and it looks like it is going to be too hot, humid, and mosquitoey to get outside much for a while so I should be back to a somewhat normal schedule again soon!

I've got a card to show you today that I made a few days ago.


The image I used here is called Home Again and is drawn by Squigglefly's newest artist Diana Garrison. The image comes with three different sentiments, but I just put a computer generated verse on the inside of the card and left the image alone on the front.

I used Copic markers to color.  After laying down a base of yellow green, I dotted the grass area with different colors of green to give it a little texture.  The sun rays were stickled.   I used an  EK Success 2 in 1 edger punch on the bottom and then embossed the whole background with a swirl embossing folder.  This particular punch is called Rose Bush and is something I received in the goody bag from
EK Success  at the Craft Gossip Fork and Talk.

Today Squigglefly is releasing some more new images.  They are awesome and you really need to set aside some time to go take a look.   I plan on getting my grocery shopping done and cleaning up my house some.  After that I will lock myself away to play in my craft room so I don't leave you in the lurch this week!
Enjoy your weekend, and thanks so much for stopping by!

7 comments:

Shawna said...

Sorry you are going to have to deal with the summer heat and humidity, but it's a plus for us --- you will be back on your card-making schedule :-) This is a great card Holly . I love the technique of embossing more than one layer together, it's one of my favorite looks and now that you have reminded me.............Lol! Love that image, too!

Tammy said...

Oh wow Holly, wonderful card! I love the sweet image and your coloring of it is perfect - - sunny and bright! Never miss an opportunity to have fun with our babies!

Ann said...

Love the glittering sun with the colorful image, delightful. ;)

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card!!!

Dawn Frost said...

Summer heat already, lol? OK it SNOWED here on Friday! Actually we have great summer weather its usually not too hot, thank goodness and it doesn't usually get hot until June and July. I really like how you embossed the bottom of the card. Lovely colouring Holly!

Niki said...

The stickles on the sun is a great idea.

Faith A said...

Sunny days are here again! fab card