Monday, April 30, 2012

I Went To A Garden Party

Good morning all! I hope you had a great weekend. Mine was the usual - FAST! But, I did get some cards made so I won't leave you in the lurch this week!

Two things to tell you about before I get to today's card. One - Squigglefly's blog has a brand new challenge today- please run by and see what the design team has done, and play along if you can!
Two - today is the very last day you can order the One A Day In May. The very last day you can get in the drawing for over $40.00 worth of papercrafting goodies. The very last day you can get the deal of the year on great digital images. If you miss out, don't say I didn't warn you!

Friday Splitcoast Stampers had their Queen For A Day challenge, and the Queen for this week is Holly McMillan. I have been a huge fan of Holly's work since, well since forever. I could probably stalk her gallery and just CASE her for the rest of the year. Anyway, I chose THIS CARD from her gallery.

My card is pretty much just a copy of hers. I used the brand new Garden Party image by Diana Garrison and the Birthday Wishes image by Jess Holland.





I used Copic markers to color.  The card really doesn't need much explanation.  I embossed the card base with swiss dots embossing folder and cut different colored strips and used some tiny button brads on the top and bottom of the strips.   I have to say that I love how this card turned out.  Super easy, but so cute!

Enjoy your Monday, and thanks for looking!

9 comments:

THERESA said...

Love this, feels like spring even tho it is really getting to be winter this side of the globe, lol
lotsa luv

Tammy said...

Such a happy card! Love the bold colors you used and the sweet image!

Sharon Jones said...

Absolutely beautiful card, Holly! Love your colouring and the layout is stunning!

Shawna said...

I absolutely adore this card. Coloring aside, which is always fabulous, those colored strips with the little buttons are wonderful, very striking. I am off to get my One-a-Day..............

Becky said...

Good morning Holly.. My weekend was the same FAST..
Love your card this morning, beautiful colors.

bumblebee creations said...

Gorgeous Holly! Love the colorful touch you added to it!

Dawn Frost said...

Love the flowers and I really like the strips of colour with buttons, nice!

Reflections from Granny said...

Your garden party is very pretty but also a fun and relaxing card. I do like cards I can just sit and stare at seeing new things all the time. Love the bright colors, really pretty.

Hugs, Lori m

Faith A said...

A lovely bright and cheerful card