Sunday, April 22, 2012

Just Sharing...

Hi everyone!  I really enjoyed yesterday's Craft Gossip Fork and Talk.    Of course early on I was gesturing with my hands while talking and I knocked over my glass of water!  Luckily there was a table cloth on the table so that soaked up the water so no one's lap got wet!  EK Success gave everyone a fabulous goodie bag and treated us to a yummy lunch as well!  I will be sharing a lot of the fun stuff with you all too, so be looking for a give away soon.   I'll be sharing pictures soon too.  It was really nice to meet other bloggers who all share a passion for crafting in one way or another.

To make up for my absence this week I am sharing TWO cards with you today.  These are cards I made a while back but haven't shared yet.  I plan on finishing this post and then I'm going to do my weekly meal prep as fast as I can so that I can devote the rest of the day to making cards so I'll have something to show you this week!



This first card is one I originally did for the Queen For A Day at Splitcoast Stampers, but I wasn't really that happy with it. I used one of the tulips from Tulip Trio by Betsy LePlatt and colored it with colored pencils. I cut out a window with the ovals nestabilities, and embossed the surrounding area with swiss dots and then rubbed an ivory ink pad over it to sort of age the dots.  The embossed panel is popped up with pop dots.

I then cut another smaller oval out and sponged some ink around the opening and placed the image beneath that.  A little lavender bow tied at the bottom finishes it off.  It's a sweet card, but I'm not liking my coloring on this.


The second card is one I did for Easter. It uses the very adorable Pretty Tulip Bunny by
  Louise Gardner. This image isn't just for Easter though - it would make a cute birthday or just general thinking of you card I think.


I colored with Copic markers and added some little white dots to the tulip with a gel pen.  The background is chalked.  The papers I used are digital ones, but I'm sorry I don't know where they came from.

I hope you've taken the time to go see the new images at Squigglefly.  I only wish I had time to make cards with all of them!

5 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Both cards are sooooo cute!!!

Tammy said...

Love them both Holly! Great cards and colors! Glad you had a wonderful time yesterday!

bumblebee creations said...

Awesome cards Holly! So glad you are feeling better and still got to go to your crafty fun!!

Scrappin Sista said...

Both cards are lovely... my fav is the tulip...very pretty!!

Faith A said...

Both beautiful cards and so different, I have to say I love the B&W with the colours of the rabbit