Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tulip Display

Hi everyone. I'm keeping this short and sweet today because it isn't Spring Fever I have, but rather a nasty cold! I feel miserable. My head is so full, my throat hurts, my chest hurts, and it's even beginning to feel like the flu because my skin hurts. I do NOT want to be sick! This weekend is the Craft Gossip Fork and Talk event and I am not going to miss it!

I do have a card to share that I made earlier in the week. I made this for the Paper Ala Mode challenge on Outlawz which had the theme "In The Bloom"






The image I used is from Squigglefly artist Lynne Stansbery and is called Tulip Display. I colored it with Copic markers.  The background piece was embossed and then I rubbed some ink over the raised areas to bring out the design more.  The other smaller piece of paper is some marvelous handmade paper I recently won from Retro Dolly.  I love the texture to it!

My car is in the shop today.  Some malfunction light came on so it's in there being diagnosed.  That means today I'm driving my husbands GIANT truck to work, so wish me luck!  I'd also love prayers for my cold to go away and not get worse!

18 comments:

Faith A said...

Such a pretty card and your colouring is beautiful.

Hope the prayers are working for you and you will be well VERY soon!

Linda said...

OH sending prayer Go away Gold and Get Better Car!
Love the flowers and your card. It is very pretty.

Beebeebabs said...

You just keep knockin' these beautiful cards outta the park absolutely beautiful tfs!!!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Holly, gorgeous coloring.

Linda W. said...

Oh Holly - I am so sorry you are ill! Maybe that's my problem today too - we are in the midst of horrendous tree pollens and it ain't pretty! I love that vase of tulips tho - I love tulips - it is so beautiful - and that homemade paper is a double wow! Get well dear!

Shawna said...

Oh Holly I am so sorry you are sick. Hope you feel better soon. Love your card. I bought this image and am working on it now. Same pink tulips!!!!

Elaine A said...

Holly Sweetie -

I saying a prayer that you feel better and are able to attend the event this weekend. Try to rest.

Elaine Allen

P.S. Adore this card! The tulips are beautiful.

Retro Dolly said...

I'm fighting the same yuckie bug! UGH! Hope you feel better soon. Thanks for showing how you used the handmade paper I sent you. It's a beautiful card!

bumblebee creations said...

awhhhh.. I am so sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well Holly!! It sucks being sick! I love your card--I would sure like to know how you colored up that vase to look so perfect!! what color did you use on it?

Scrappin Sista said...

This card is BEAUTIFUL!! Sending get well wishes to you...
Hugs,
Alice B.

Dixieglitzie said...

holly you have colored these tulips so beautifully ....i can almost smell them!
saying prayers for your quick recovery my sweet friend.

much love, dixieG

Anonymous said...

You have my prayers Holly.

Your card is gorgeous! I love the colors, embossing and that gorgeous hand-made paper!

Feel the POWER of the large truck! No curb can stand in your way!

Hugs,
Brat

acreativeneed said...

So beautifully colored Holly! Lovely background papers and embossing too.

Hope you were o.k with the big truck and your car is out of the shop soon!
hugs,Deena

Tammy said...

Oh no Holly, I am so, so sorry you are feeling sick! You must get better FAST, please!
Your card is positively beautiful and you've colored it to perfection! Just gorgeous!

Sandra said...

Gorgeous colouring, and love everything about your card. You certainly know how to colour a glass vase, I'm totally impressed Holly :)S

Dawn B. said...

Awww feel better really soon. I have heard so many people that are sick right now. Take care. This card is beautiful. I love tulips. They are my favorite flower of all time. Your coloring is fabulous. I tried the crocheted butterflies several times. I could not get it. The thread kept tangling and I forgot my glasses so now I need to try it again. :)

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Stunning! That Tulip Display imagine is so beautiful, especially the way you've coloured it & that handmade paper is oulala too.

Charlene Mitchell said...

This is so pretty Holly! I love the shade of pinky/dusty rose you used and your colouring is fantastic as always. Beautiful!