Friday, May 25, 2012

Anything Goes At The Outlawz

Hi everyone! Today is my last day as guest designer at the Outlawz Copic/Promarker challenge. It's been great fun and I feel honored to have been asked. The challenge this week is Anything Goes! I love to do humorous cards so that's what I made.




I used The Old Sot image from Squigglefly. She's such a fun one to color and comes with several funny sentiments including the one I used here. She's colored with Copic markers and has a little bit of chalking around the background.  I added some glossy accents to her glasses.  Come play along with us!

Yesterday my boss's kids only went to school for half a day and it was the last day of school.  They were at my office most of the rest of the day.  I can see that I'm going to have to come up with some fun things to keep them occupied this summer!  One of the simplest things I did yesterday really seemed to be something they loved doing.  We would each draw something and then cover it up with a piece of paper letting only a portion of it show.  Everyone tries to guess what you drew.  Once everyone has had a guess you reveal a little more of the drawing until someone guesses or the whole picture is revealed.  I was surprised at how much they liked playing that.  I'd love suggestions for indoor games to play with them, so if you have any leave them in a comment!

 I'm really glad the weekend is here and I'm extra glad that we have an extra day!  It's supposed to be really hot so I'll be spending most of my time indoors in my craft room as much as possible!  Enjoy your day, and thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Sharon Jones said...

You did her up really well, Holly! Totally loving everything about this beautiful card!
Sorry, no suggestions on the kids come to mind right now, unless they could use clay.
Hugz2u,
Sharon

Scrappin Sista said...

I am SO LOVING THIS CARD, and the sentiment!! Super cute!!! I might have to scraplift this Holly!! Lol!! nice work!!!

Beebeebabs said...

Such a cute card and love the image tfs!!!

Jo said...

Holly your card it too funny. Reminds me of a teacher I had back in Jr High.

Linda said...

LOL this is perfect. Love the image and the wonderful color. You always do an amazing job.

Becky said...

That sounds like a fun game Holly.
And your card is just too funny, colored beautifully..

Tammy said...

I love the Old Sot, bless her dear heart! You've created a fabulous card with her, love how you've colored her hair and the olives look good enough to eat!!

I would often play with my kids "order in the court". Order in the court, monkey wants to speak, no laughing, no talking or showing the white of your teeth. For some reason silence has a tendency to give everyone the giggles. Lame I know but at least there was quiet!

Charlene Mitchell said...

What a fantastic job you did colouring this image Holly! I can't believe how realistic her face looks! Great card, great image and you've done such a fabulous job with your GD cards for The Outlawz.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i'll have to email you and get suggestions for some indoor fun for jade!

fabulous card!

hugs :)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I give her an A+++++! She is such a hoot!