Friday, May 4, 2012

Beloved Women

Hi everyone and happy Friday! I'm excited today because it's my first time as guest designer for the month of May at the Outlawz Copic/Promarker challenge! The theme of this week's challenge is Mother's Day/Loved Women. We all have women in our lives who are not our mothers whom we love very deeply. Women friends who support us when we're low and in crisis, or lending a hand by helping to raise your children and fix dinners, being there when you need an ear to listen to you or a shoulder to cry on, and cheer us on as we pursue our dreams. I count myself as lucky to have more than one female friend like this! This card is for one of them.

I used today's new One A Day in May image called Mr. Wool With Daisy, drawn by the talented Sandy Sommerfeld. Isn't he just so cute? It almost makes me want to go get a pet sheep! (just kidding!  I've got my hands full with Miss Riley!)   Sandy is having a special blog hop this weekend to celebrate her blogaversary which is today! Be sure to swing by her blog, Scribbles By Sandy this weekend to join in the hop and leave a comment to win a prize!

Anyway, here is my card


I colored Mr. Wool with Copic markers and chalked the ground and sky. The grass sprigs are stamped over the chalk.  I used some of the neutral gray colors for the sheep and then used my colorless blender to add a little texture to the fur.  I hope you can see that in the photo!

I dressed the card up with some fun flower buttons and a ribbon.  The base of the card is embossed as well as a piece of the designer paper.  All the corners are rounded.  My sentiment is computer generated.
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog - have a great Friday!

11 comments:

Tammy said...

Adorable! Love the pretty colors of the background!

Dixieglitzie said...

this is simply adorable...ewe are so clever and witty my sweet friend!

Dixieglitzie said...

this is simply adorable...ewe are so clever and witty my sweet friend!

Becky said...

Just adorable Holly.

Linda said...

So cute! Love the image and your fun buttons.

Renee said...

too cute! I love the layout and the polka dot embossing :D

Barbara Moore said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Holly! I love your card, the sheep is so cute. I hope we get to see each other again next year too.

Hugs XX
Barbara

Cheryl said...

So cute! I love the way you colored the grass and the pretty flower buttons.



~Cheryl~

**I am having a couple of give-aways on my blog. Feel free to stop by if you are interested.**

Beebeebabs said...

Cute cute cute card!!!

Reflections from Granny said...

Adorable card Holly and I'm so happy Riley is doing better. How awful and scary for you all. She looks so sweet even though she just went through all of this.

Prayers that she keeps healing quick and can go looking for the mice even more.

Hugs, Lori m

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh your flower embellies are perfect!!!

hugs :)