Thursday, May 3, 2012

Bird Love

Hi everyone! Riley seems to be feeling a little better each day. Last night her tail was up again and that's always a good sign. Her tail and her ears are barometers on how she's feeling. She goes back to the vet tomorrow to get the drain and stitches out. I'm sure that will make her feel much better!

I got my PT back last night - after paying them $782.00!  Ouch!

Here's a card I made over the weekend. The image is one by Cheryl Alger available at Squigglefly called Sassy Sally Loves Birds


I colored the image with copic markers and used chalk on the sky and grass.  The sky is washed out in the photo, but it's blue trust me!  I stamped some grass over the chalk.  I tied a little heart shaped button on to the black ribbon on the side.

You've still got time to play in Squigglefly's challenge - just make a pink and blue card!
Did you see today's One A Day image?  It's a really pretty one from Alecia Blake called
A Lovely Mermaid.  All of the One A Day images are added to the store as they are released, so you can still get them even if you didn't order the One A Day.  
Gotta run!  Have a great day!

7 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i'm sorry to hear about riley's "run in". and glad to hear she's doing better.

your mermaid card was hilarious! pretty but that sentiment was hilarious.

the bee is stunning. now that's definitely one for a BONNET!

this card is fantastic.! i LOVE the red.... and your coloring always blows me away.

looks like the warm weather has arrived here. now if only my A/C man would arrive - LOL.

hugs :)

Linda said...

Ouch is right! I had to pay $250 for one headlight on my Prius. I just think it is nuts how much we have to pay to keep our cars running. What I save in gas I loose in replacing headlights. But I do feel good about saving the earth. LOL I do feel you pain between the car and the vet.
Love your card today. Cheryl's images are so adorable and your coloring is always amazing!

Shawna said...

Lovin' this predominantly red card. The addition of that little red heart is the perfect touch, too. So glad to hear Miss Riley is starting to get back to old self again. I sure hope the owner's of those dogs that attacked her are paying your vet bill. Burger sends a bark and a sniff to her.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

That's just the cutest card! I love that image. Wonderful card.

Beebeebabs said...

Tooooo cute - love the image tfs!!

Tammy said...

I"m sure once the drain and stitches are out Riley is going to feel a whole lot better, sweet thing! Love your card and the image is precious. Great colors!

Becky said...

So glad Riley is doing better.
This is adorable Holly. Love the colors you used, great grass too. :)