Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Birthday Donuts and a crafting video!

Hi everyone! I hope you're having a great week so far. Mine is going pretty good and if we get the rain they're calling for tonight and tomorrow it'll be going even better! One of my friends had a birthday on Saturday and this is the card I made for her



I used some puff paint on the donuts, but I didn't puff it up. After it was dried I added some crystal lacquer to make them look more realistic. The "sprinkles" are just different beads. This image is one by Lynne Stansbery called Donuts and it comes with the sentiment.

 I have a video to share with you today! This is a fun little toy to make for kids. I made one for my boss's kids and they've been having a blast with them. You can also just use one ball and have one person shoot the ball and the other person tries to catch it in their cup. I made it into a craft project by letting the kids decorate their cups. I just painted mine with some white acrylic paint and then let them use markers, stickers, and stick on jewels and glitter to decorate with. Riley offered to help me out with the video, so here it is

 

 If you can't see the video on my blog, you can view it at Youtube HERE.  Have fun, and thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Sharon Jones said...

Holly, I just adore your card, but REALLY enjoyed the little toy and Riley better! She is so cute and fun! So glad to see she's doing much better! ;D

Linda said...

Oh that does look like a lot of fun. Great idea!
I love the card. Those donuts look good enough to eat. The crystal lacquer and beads were a wonderful idea.

Becky said...

wow Holly, these donuts look delicious. Awesome job.

Linda W. said...

Well now the dog, the cats and the great grandkids have a new toy! Thank you Holly!!! :)

bumblebee creations said...

what a neat idea! that Riley is such a smarty!!

Faith A said...

Those donuts look real enough to eat, great job.

Tammy said...

Terrific birthday card, the sentiment is absolute priceless! Thanks for sharing the video, Riley is absolutely a gem and quite the ham! Loved watching her!

Lori m said...

Riley is so darn cute!!! Love the toy, really fun idea and your cards are darling and the sentiments a hoot!

Hugs, Lori m

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Donut just beat all!?! Love the card (looks good enough to eat) and that toy is too fun. Riley is the sweetest.

Scrappin Sista said...

YUMMY!! those donuts look soo good!! lol! cute card Holly!!