Sunday, May 13, 2012

garden party

Good morning everyone! I hope you are enjoying your weekend, and happy Mother's Day to all of you who are lucky enough to be called Mom! Our weather this weekend has been fabulous and I'm trying to enjoy every second of it because next week it looks like it heats back up!

 I'm happy to report that Riley is doing well and has not re-injured her leg! She still favors it a bit, but she's not jumping at squirrels or going crazy after thrown balls anymore. Maybe she's learned that she's not infallible!

 I wanted to let you all know that the winner of the One A Day In May goody box did not claim her prize, so we have drawn a new winner. Audrey Lewis Ernst is the new winner! Audrey, please contact me at usyungs@gmail.com to claim your prize. If I do not hear from Audrey by May 26th, I will once again draw a new winner!

Today I have a card that uses one of my favorite image by Diana Garrison called Garden Party.

The image is colored with Copic markers.  I added a little bit of glitter to the butterfly's trail.   It was cut with an oval die and then I used the same sized scalloped oval die to cut the yellow.  I just let the top part of the scalloped oval show because it reminded me of the sun coming up over the garden.

The sentiment is one from Lynne Stansbery called Bloom With Happieness.    I added a fun flower button and tied it with some ribbon.

Thanks for looking, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

5 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful card - nice job tfs!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

fabulous!!!!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

hugs :)

Sharon Jones said...

I was thinking that reminded me of a sun rising over the garden before I read your post...beautiful job, Holly! Oh, and a very Happy Mother's Day to you!

Diana Garrison said...

Love it, Holly!

Tammy said...

I hope you are having a wonderful, wonderful day. I'm positive you are a wonderful mom! Love the bright and cheerful card, such fun colors!