Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Hoppy Birthday

Hi everyone! Yesterday Riley killed two snakes in our yard! Brock said he thought they were small copperheads. All we need now is for Riley to get bit by a snake again!

Sunday was one year since I found out that the company I worked for was closing it's doors. I've been through two terrible jobs and am still working at the job I'm currently employed.  It's amazing how God answers our prayers.  I know that I am at the place I am meant to be, and I am happy there.

 Speaking of things in the yard, this little Gone Buggy image by Sandy Sommerfeld is perfect for a summer time birthday card.


My boss's son has a birthday coming up soon and I thought this was a great image for a boy's birthday. I colored it with Copic markers and chalked the ground and sky.  A little bit of stickles on the fly's trail - not too much glitter for a boy!  LOL!

There's not too much going on to chat about (and hopefully Riley will stay out of trouble so there won't be much to blog about!), so I'll let you get back to your blog surfing!  Have a great day!


10 comments:

Becky said...

What an adorable frog, love his expression, and love the glitter.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

The look on that froggie's face is priceless! Love the glitter trail on that fly!

Linda said...

Oh this is great! Love the frog, fly and how you did the grass. Glad Riley is staying out of trouble.

Linda W. said...

Great card Holly! I love your coloring and that frog is soooo ready to attack that fly!

Shawna said...

Love your card! The little glitter trail is perfect! As for Miss Riley ---- she's a wire hair terror that's for sure LOL!!

Dixieglitzie said...

Riley the snake slayer...gotta love that right:)

Holly your coloring just keeps getting prettier and prettier. I really like the way the "light" is hitting the frog's legs.

I'll be going in to pick up my next "new part" on Monday. I'll let you know when I'm back home. :)

Tammy said...

Oh goodness Holly, snakes in your yard! What a good puppy Riley is! Love your card and your coloring is amazing! Absolutely your little friend will love the card!

AJ Scrapbooking and Cards said...

Aww this is so cute! I love the hit of glitter added.

Scrappin Sista said...

cute froggie card Holly!!! Love it!!

Faith A said...

a great card love the glittery fly :)