Wednesday, May 9, 2012

lovely mermaid

Happy hump day everyone! Poor Riley was feeling so much better yesterday after getting her stitches and drain out that she wanted to play ball as soon as we got home from the vet's office. My husband threw the ball and she ran after it, but that one leg is still giving her trouble and she took a roll and is really limping badly now. We've decided she is just going to have to be less active for a while longer.

Today's card is one I made just for fun. I used the new A Lovely Mermaid by Alecia Blake.



I colored her with Copic markers and chalked the background. After that I brushed some Opal Radiant Pearls over her tail to add some shimmer.  The radiant pearls are no longer manufactured, but the were made by the same company that makes twinkling h2os.  I still have a lot of the little tubs I bought years ago and pull them out occasionally.  This mermaid's tail was just the occasion!  Here's a close up of the shimmer.


I made little bubbles coming from the fish's mouth with some glossy accents lacquer and computer generated the sentiment. The green swirly piece on the side is some sticky backed vellum from KC and Company. I see now that one of the little punched out pieces stuck to the card in the lower left corner of the image - I will have to pull that off! It's funny how you don't notice things like that when you're taking the picture!

Hope you all have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Love the sentiment and her sparkly tail! Very pretty, Holly!

Sharon Jones said...

What a gorgeous card, Holly! I adore this mermaid image and you did a fantastic job of colouring her and doing her shimmery tail!! Love the flourishes and bubbles, too!

Shawna said...

Poor Riley! And poor YOU --- trying to keep a wire hair from being active is like trying to keep a cat in a basket. Love how your vellum accent adds a bit of a mysterious tone to your card; being able to see the background through it is a nice touch.

Tammy said...

Aw, poor sweet Riley, I feel so bad for her. I think she probably needs a get better card! Love your mermaid, gorgeous colors and shimmer!

Becky said...

This is a beauty, love the shimmer.

Elaine A said...

Poor Miss Riley, hope she hasn't done any more damage to her leg. And I adore this card. I love mermaids, and this one is so pretty. Your've done a beautiful job coloring her and I love the shimmer on her tail. Wonderful Holly!!

Elaine Allen

Linda said...

Very pretty! I love the seaweed at the side.

Beebeebabs said...

Another beautiful card tfs!!!

Charlene Mitchell said...

This is beautiful Holly! And I have some of that green vellum stuff but have never used it!! Love the shimmer on the mermaid's tail and her hair is gorgeous!