Monday, May 14, 2012

Orchids for Mother's Day

Hi everyone! I know Mother's Day was yesterday, but I made this card for my best friend's mother yesterday. She called and invited me to come out to lunch with her, my friend, and my friend's daughter and her two children. I thought it was so nice of her to include me in their day and I wanted to make her a special card.

 I chose the Orchids image from Squiggley. Itis one of my favorite images by
Deena Perreault.


I colored the image with colored pencils and then chalked some yellow around it. After cutting it with an oval die, I sponged some brown ink around the edges and then poured on about three layers of Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel and then cracked it. I made this into a center step card, which I think makes the card even more special. The sentiment at the bottom is computer generated. Here's a peek at the inside.
Squigglefly has a brand new challenge on the blog today! Rhonda's Rowdy Rascal's are up today, so go take a peek at their creations and get your creative juices flowing! Happy Monday!

6 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Thud! This is a gorgeous example of cracked glass! Wow, and you used orchids, too! A perfect combo, in my book.

Linda said...

Wow this is amazing.

Tammy said...

Oh wow Holly, absolutely gorgeous! Love the texture the cracked UTEE brings and the lovely background paper you used.

Rhonda Miller said...

Beautiful.

Faith A said...

Aw! how kind of her AND you to send this beautiful card and verse.

I have been catching up on your cards oh! I do love them, they are so much fun, love that naughty fairy LOL. in fact ALL of the cards are great.

Reflections from Granny said...

Holly, beautiful card and the inside verse is amazing, very kind and perfect card. I'm glad you had a good day.

Hugs, Lori m