Friday, May 18, 2012

Oulawz Goes West

Good morning and happy Friday to you all! This week the Outlawz have a fun Western themed challenge! I used the Singing Cowboy image by Lynne Stansbery for the cover of my card. He's colored with Copic markers and there's a light blending of yellow chalk in the background. I made a little lasso with some twine as an embellishment.  The stitching on there is faux stitching and the papers are all digital ones from Stampin Up!




You might notice that there's no sentiment on the card. That's because the sentiment is on the inside



The sentiment is computer generated, but the image is one by Robin Willis called You're A Weiner. I cropped the sentiment out and stretched the dog out a little to make the point even funnier.  I hope you enjoyed the card, and I wish you all a really great weekend!  Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Dixieglitzie said...

ok holly, u really have me laughing out loud this morning:) i love the front of the card- the digi, the coloring, and the rope...i LOVE the rope (calling it rope cause i don't know if i can spell lasso;) BUT WHEN I SAW THAT LITTLE DOGGIE - well, let's just say that i didn't see that one coming....still working on my first cup of coffee -heeheeehee. Great Job Holly!

wannabcre8tive said...

Holly, this card is awesome. Great images inside and out. A great idea to use them together. Your coloring is so perfect.

Roxann said...

Holly, I love your card! So well colored and put together! The inside hit my soft spot....our family has always had dachshunds!
Hugz,
Roxann

Jo said...

Holly, Your card is wonderful. I love the image and you did a beautiful job with your coloring. Love the inside too.

Beebeebabs said...

Love it - nice coloring tfs!!!

Linda Palmer said...

Love, love, love the inside of your card and I love the front of it too. Great card, so fun and someone is going to be thrilled to get this.

Elaine M said...

Oh my! This is perfect for my friend! I've gotta go shopping now.
GREAT card!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Too dang cute!

Linda W. said...

Oh Holly - this cracked me up!!! Totally the coolest - great idea!

Tammy said...

Fantastic card Holly! Wonderful coloring of both images and such a fun sentiment! Love the lasso!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

fabulous!!! tell lynn i think she's a top notch artist. i LOVE her images.

hugs :)

Faith A said...

Hysterical, Lurve your humour :)

Smashing colouring too.

Charlene Mitchell said...

OMGoodness Holly - you have such a great sense of humour! I LOVE this! What a fantastic inside and super funny surprise as I scrolled down your blog post! Fantastic!