Monday, May 28, 2012

Perfect Moments

Happy Memorial Day everyone! I love having the day off! Later this afternoon my best friend from high school is coming over with her 5 year old granddaughter and we are going to play in my craft room. Should be a fun time!

 Yesterday I played along in both the Outlawz Clean and Simple challenge and Splitcoast Stamper's Featured Stamper Challenge with today's card. The Clean and Simple challenge is to make a clean and simple challenge with something or for someone you love. The card I chose to CASE for the Featured Stamper challenge is THIS ONE.




My image is from Squigglefly and is called Pears. It's drawn by Angie Davis. I love the simple image! I laid down a base color of green and then applied some verdigris embossing powder over them. The powder gives it a bit of green and gold - sort of like a patina on old copper.  I love how they turned out - both the color and texture! The sentiment is also from Squigglefly and is by Fawn Palmer. It's one of the sentiments included in her Easter Footsies set.  It just happens to also fit today's new challenge on the Squigglefly blog - clean and simple with no designer paper!

I hope you're finding time in your weekend to craft something!

12 comments:

Pat said...

Gorgeous treatment on the image!! I love your card.

Linda W. said...

Oh Holly - this is just beautiful! I have to drag out my ep and pen and go at it! Thanks again for some new inspiration!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Love the EP on those pears. Verdigris used to be my favorite!! so beautiful on pears. Lovely work.

Sharon Jones said...

What a gorgeous card, Holly!! Love what you did with the image...sometimes ep gets neglected and I'm glad to see it coming back. That sentiment is so beautiful, too! Happy Memorial Day!

wannabcre8tive said...

So pretty, I am really liking that embossing powder.

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
So very pretty and awesome color for the EP - and gives the pretty pears such depth - they look yummy - one of my favorite fruits!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Holly. Love the embossing of these pears.

Berni Cuttino said...

Love this image, simply beautiful. I am on the Outlawz DT for sketch. Thanks for stopping by blog and leaving the love. I am now following you. Hugs

Charlene Mitchell said...

Holly - this is amazing! Verdigris is perfect for Christmas trees too. Love the copper and green look - very rich feel to your beautiful card!

bumblebee creations said...

Gorgeous!! Love this card! Thanks for joining in our Squigglefly challenge this week!

Faith A said...

Fabulous card and a great sentiment, love the colours too

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful. I'm loving that verdigris embossing powder. All the metals and shimmer fused so beautifully.

Brat