Thursday, May 17, 2012

shy girl

Hi everyone! This week really seemed like it was going by pretty fast until yesterday. Instead of going over the hump I kind of just slammed into it and it's slowed down considerably. Maybe it's just because I'm ready for the weekend. We got Riley out for a walk last night and commented that it was probably the last comfortable one we'd have for a while. The weather forecast looks like 90's for as far as the forecast goes. When we got home I found a tick on me! Yep, it's summer alright.

 I am both excited and embarrassed to show you my card today. On the one hand I really love how it looks, but on the other hand I got a little messy with the glue and really should re-do it before showing it. But time isn't allowing me to re-do it before posting it ( I will re-do it before sending it to someone), so just forgive the glue that got away from me spots and focus instead on the incredible background.



The image is one from Fawn Palmer called Shy Miss. I think it's such a sweet image. One thing I love about Fawn's artwork is the variety of images she draws - they're not all the same subject. Plus Fawn goes the extra mile and tries to have sentiments with her images. Anyway, I colored the image with Copic markers and then used a corner punch to notch the corners.  I used some yellow embroidery floss to thread through the notches.

The background was done with a Fiskars border punch.  I cut the parts that kept it attached to the main paper and then staggered rows of it across the card.  It's really cool and has so much texture - I love it!  But don't look too closely at the dried glue!  Next time I will be a lot more careful with the glue.  I think it will be fun to play with different border punches this way!  Get out your border punches and try to use them in another way!

Have a fabulous day, and thanks for stopping by my blog!

11 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

She is lovely! Her outfit is not too shy. LOL! Love the bold pattern and colors.

Linda said...

Oh your card is wonderful. The coloring is perfect. I can't even see the glue and that background is hard to glue down. I love the way you did the corners of the image. Great card Holly.

Linda W. said...

She's darling - so shy looking! Luvin' that card Holly - and I can't see any problems at all. :)

Dixieglitzie said...

hi holly:) love the card...what glue???? i really looked hard and cant see any dried glue:) i love the way that you used the border punch. i wonder if running the borders thru the xyron would eliminate the glue problems? i really couldn't see the glue but i would think that would have been hard to glue those intricate cuts down.

Becky said...

Love the background, so pretty. What a cute image.

Tammy said...

Gosh your card is pretty! Love how you used the border punch (you're so clever)! I agree, love, love Fawn Palmer's images and this one is awesome, love how you've colored it!

Dawn B. said...

I really like the color of her hair. I always wanted hair like that. I had a tick in my house the other day. I am so glad it wasn't ON me. Great job Holly.

Scrappin Sista said...

OMG!!! I love this image and this card!!! Nice work Holly!!!

Grannie Sharon said...

What an awesome idea of using the border punches and staggering them to make a background. I can hardly wait to get home to my craft corner and try this out! TFS

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this week SUCKED for me. oy the stress! but one week and $1,000 + later, all is well. shoot me now, pleeeeeeeeze!

hugs :)

Faith A said...

Lovely image and I love how you have used the borders and corners