Saturday, May 26, 2012

Special Tulips

Hi everyone! Happy birthday to my talented and beautiful daughter, Chesney today! I am so glad the weekend is here! I took a couple of games to work yesterday and played dominoes and Candyland, and at the end of the day we set the dominoes up in a pattern and then made them fall. It was fun, but it does wear an adult out! Today's card was made for the featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers last Sunday. The card I picked was THIS ONE.



I used the Tulip Display image drawn by Lynne Stansbery. They were colored with colored pencils.  The sentiment is also from Squigglefly and is one by Jess Holland called Especially For You.   I used lots of pearls which I think make this a really dressy card.   The decorative cutting at the top and bottom of the image panel was done with some corner scissors I have, but I made a mistake and put the top part in with the scissors backwards!  I ended up keeping it anyway and thought I'd just let people think I intended that, but those of you who read my blog know the truth!  LOL!

I hope you have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Penny Duncan said...

A very pretty card!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

happy birthday ches!

holly... thank you so much for your card. it's nice to be remembered!

hope your weekend is spectacular!

fabulous card!

hugs :)

Tammy said...

You made a discovery that might revolutionize card making with your scissors! I love the results!! Very pretty card. Happy birthday to your daughter!

Sharon Jones said...

Oh, Holly! Chesney's gonna LOVE her special card! You rock, gf!
Hugz2u,
Sharon

Linda W. said...

Oh such a sweet birthday card, Holly! So who won the Dominoes game? So funny about the shaped scissors cut on the image bg - first thought I had when I saw that is "she's got a new die I don't know about!" LOL!

Shawna said...

Your 'mistake' ended up a lovely one. I really like it! And the tulip image is gorgeous, you colored it perfectly. Gosh Holly, I want a job where I can play board games........Sounds like you have a great boss. Next you will be telling us you set up a crafting table at work! :-) Again, lovely card and happy birthday to Chesney!

Becky said...

These flowers are gorgeous Holly, colored beautifully.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Beebeebabs said...

Such a lovely card!!!

Linda said...

Beautiful card!

luvmycards said...

Holly super job on the card, mistakes and all! It's gorgeous! Carolyn

Charlene Mitchell said...

I love it when mistakes turn into something fun! I would have just assumed you meant to do it - it looks great! I'm not sure if I've seen any of your work with coloured pencils before - your colouring is beautiful! And happy belated to Chesney!