Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tuesday Teaparty

Good morning everyone!  I've missed the last couple of Mothermark's Teaparties, but this weekend I found time to play along.  When I got the cheater e mail that showed the teapot, I knew exactly what image I wanted to use.  Here's a picture of the teapot


Pretty, isn't it?  As you know the cards we teapotters make usually go to someone who is ill or suffering in some way, but this week is slightly different and I have to say I love the difference! Mary is a fellow teapotter who suffers with RA and lupus. She wound up in the hospital not long ago and had to have emergency hip replacement. The thing that bothered Mary the most was that it happened during her daughter's spring break and she had had so many fun things planned to do with her daughter, Rebekah that she ended up not being able to do. To top things off, Rebekah's 12th birthday was that same week and her birthday party had to be cancelled. Rebekah ended up spending the entire week at the hospital with her mom. When Mary told her daughter how sorry she was about the party and all the spring break plans being cancelled, Rebekah's reply was “Momma, you said we were going to spend time together this week. We ARE spending time together, it's all good!” Now I think that really shows a great maturity and she deserves lots of cards! Anyway, I told you I had the perfect image for this teapot and let's see if you agree





 The name of the image is Three Little Kittens and it is drawn by Lynne Stansbery. I colored lots of the flowers blue to match the ones on the teapot and then made the daffodils yellow.  The sentiment is computer generated.  I really hope Rebekah likes the card.

Yesterday's Squigglefly blog challenge is a fun one, but it takes some thought.  I'm still doing my thinking, but you should really go take a look at what the design team has done.  They did some great work that's worth the look.

Have a great day, and thanks as always for looking!

13 comments:

Sharon Jones said...

VERY sweet and pretty card for a wonderful purpose! Great job on this, Holly, and beautiful colors!
Hugz2u,
Sharon

Linda said...

Oh what a sweet card. It is sure to cheer your fellow tea potter.
I love that teapot pictures very pretty.

Linda said...

Oh what a sweet card. It is sure to cheer your fellow tea potter.
I love that teapot pictures very pretty.

wannabcre8tive said...

A beautiful card and so beautifully colored. This is the perfect card for the tea party. Rebekah will love it.

Becky said...

I just love that tea pot Holly and love the card. Those kitties are so cute , love how you colored their eyes different colors.

Shawna said...

Love this card Holly! The colors you chose are gorgeous and I really like the DP you used. Coloring as always, is perfect!!

Steph said...

What a sweet card, your paper matches the image perfectly and I love the bright colours x

Tammy said...

What a sweet young girl Rebekah is, wise beyond her years! I think the paper and the image are perfect for the challenge and you've colored the cute image to perfection!

Elaine M said...

Oh my goodness gracious what a fantastic card - wonderful colors. Was wondering what you used for the background - just lovely!

Scrappin Sista said...

very nice!!! you matched the colors perfectly!

Beebeebabs said...

Love it - you did a great job!!!

Faith A said...

What an adult reply from a little girl, bless her heart. HOpe they are doing well.

This card will no doubt cheer them up with it's lovely colours and characters

Charlene Mitchell said...

I'm still thinking on my card for the Teaparty. This is fantastic and Rebekah will love it - it's so bright, cheerful and colourful! Great card to match the teapot!