Thursday, June 7, 2012

birthday fairy

Good morning ya'll! One day closer to Friday (and one day closer to Fall!), so it's got to be a good day, right? Yesterday morning as I was leaving the house I happened to see our cat running down a tiny baby bunny. I stopped the car and went after the cat to stop him. Riley was in the house watching out the door and believe me, she was rooting for the cat! I did stop the cat and the little bunny hopped right into hands! I almost brought him to work with me to see if my boss wanted to keep it as a pet, but I ended up setting him loose in the front yard and watched him hop away to freedom. My dog and cat were not happy with me, but felt pretty good about it. This morning though I found the remains of the bunny on the porch so I guess the cat found him again.   If I see any more bunnies and I manage to catch it, I think my boss will have a new pet!

On a much brighter subject, I have a cute birthday card to share with you today! I used two of the newest fairies at Squigglefly from artist Daphne van der Zanden;  Oh Dear Fairy and
Fairy Banner to create this cute inside out card.  Here's the front


I colored the fairy with Copic markers and used some glitter on the wings.  The sentiment was computer generated.  The little blue dots on the side are rain dots - I love using those things!

The inside of the card has another computer generated sentiment, and the Fairy Banner image where I hand lettered "Happy Birthday".  I just think these two images work great together, don't you?  Plus it's great to be able to add whatever you want to on the banner!



I hope you have a really great day today.  If you need a chuckle, go take a look at all the cards in Squigglefly's Make Me Laugh challenge!  There are some great ones there!

11 comments:

Sharon Jones said...

Oh, Holly! This card is da bomb! And you've used some of my favorite colors! Very pretty!

Dixieglitzie said...

poor little bunny:(
cute little card:)

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Who is able to save baby bunnies & make fabulous cards in a single bound? It's Super Crafter! :-D LOVE your card. The birthday suit fairy is too clever & she looks amazing the way you've coloured her and the glitter on her wings rocks!

THERESA said...

So glad you could save the bunny !!
Love the card, super cute image!! What is rain drops, 1st time i saw those??
lotsa luv

Tammy said...

Wow Holly, absolutely fantastic card inside and out! Love how you've used both of the images! Sorry about the bunny but mommy bunny is busy making more!

Beebeebabs said...

Tooooo cute!!!

Reflections from Granny said...

Fantastic, too cute her with her pretty shiny wings and in her Birthday suit, love it!

Hugs, Lori m

Ellapu said...

These cards are brilliant and so much fun. I found you on Outlawz and am now following you x

Dawn Frost said...

Great card Holly, poor bunny!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

fabulous card. her wings are perfectly glittered.

poor bunny. we have lots of bunnies in my yard. one lives under my porch steps and another under a plan in the corner of my yard. my pastor's middle boy comes over with his butterfly net hoping to catch a rabbit. it's too funny to watch HIM more than the bunny.

hugs :)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I just love this sweet fairy! Owwww, and her wings are divine!