Wednesday, June 6, 2012

feeling bad?

Happy hump day! Thanks for the anniversary wishes yesterday. We went out to eat to celebrate and I enjoyed it very much! I have to tell you about the sweet gift my husband got me. I do think it's the sweetest thing he's ever gotten me. He got me a can of bug spray! LOL! I really did think it was sweet though, because I had been telling him how I see spiders at my office every day. He knows I hate spiders and I had to kill a particularly large one the other day with a broom. So, he brought home a can of bug spray for me to take to work. Isn't that sweet?

Happy Birthday to my sister and Squigglefly artist Lynne Stansbery today!

 I've got a get well card that I made for Squigglefly's "Make Me Laugh" challenge to share with you today. I used the Moon Over My Lammie image that Sandy Sommerfeld drew. The name of the image is enough to make you laugh, isn't it?




I printed the image twice - once on vellum.  Then I embossed the vellum with a swirls embossing folder and glued it over the lamb image.  I thought this was a different way of added texture to the lamb's wool.  The corners were punched and then I threaded some purple floss through the notches.  I used the same floss on the small buttons.  The sentiment was computer generated.    I hope it's funny enough to make you laugh!

Have a great day, and thanks for looking!




12 comments:

Dixieglitzie said...

yes ma'am...laughed right out loud:)

Linda said...

Bug Spray! Really easy to make you happy. That is so sweet of you!
This card is adorable and thanks for the vellum tip that is really a good idea.

Becky said...

How sweet (bug spray :))
This card is soo cute, love how you did this with the vellum.

Linda W. said...

Yah I go with Bug Spray being a great gift! Hate bugs, worms, mice! But I sure love your lammie card! That is just too funny and what a wonderful way to get a laugh for someone not feeling all that great!

bumblebee creations said...

this is just adorable Holly--love the papers you used -so happy!!

Tammy said...

You card is positive sweetness! Love the cute image and it's name is too funny!
Happy birthday to Lynne and enjoy your gift!

Sharon Jones said...

I laughed at the bug spray gift, but love how he has you in mind and thinks of the little things that bother you {hope you get those spiders! Yuck...}
I just adore the title to this cute image! Yes, I laughed when I read that! And love the card to bits! I am so to learn a new technique...it came out beautifully! TFS!
Oh, and Lynn, Happy Birthday!

Dawn Frost said...

That's a great gift, especially since I HATE spiders, lol! Love the sheep and how you embossed him. Happy belated anniversary!

Faith A said...

What a PERFECT sentiment, love the texture on the sheep too, clever girl.

Sandy said...

Love it Holly! Love the swirl vellum for Mr Wool's wool! :)

I've posted it into my gallery & send me an email with your choice... :)

Sandy S
scribblesbysandy.blogspot.ca

Charlene Mitchell said...

Great card Holly! Thanks for posting the details - the embossed vellum is such a great idea and it looks perfect. Love the big bows in the small buttons too. Congrats on having Sandy post it on her blog!

THERESA said...

You sure did, love the vellum idea, still smiling, lol
Thanks for playing with !
lotsa luv