Saturday, June 2, 2012

Beautiful Garden

Good morning and happy weekend! I'm so happy to finally have the images up in the store for you all to see! There is wonderful new artwork from your favorites as well as three new artists you will come to love. One of my most favorite of the new images is Dragonfly Garden by Diana Garrison. I couldn't wait to color this beautiful image!



Isn't it just a gorgeous image? I colored with copic markers and added a bit of shimmer to the dragonfly with twinkling h2o paint and a little bit of stickles on some of the flower buds. I wanted the image to stand on it's own so I didn't add anything - I just mounted it on some pretty paper and sponged the edges of the card with Tempting Turquoise ink.  I was going to make little black french knots for his eyes, but I couldn't find my black thread so I left it alone.  I want to color this image over and over but do them each in different  colors - one in shades of orange, one in shades of green, etc.  Wouldn't they make a lovely note card set?

 

I'm off to do my grocery shopping for the week and later I have Merry Maids coming to my house!  I treated myself to a great Groupon a month ago and only paid $55.00 to have them come clean four rooms in my home.  They will do the kitchen, dining room, living room, and main bathroom.  I'm excited - I've never had a maid service come before!  While they are cleaning I will be spending time in my craft room making more cards!

Have a fantastic weekend, and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

Scrappin Sista said...

These cards look very summer like!! Nice work!!

Linda W. said...

Just beautiful Holly!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous! I love that stamp! Your card is amazing! Where did you get your stamp?
Big Hugs!

LaVerne said...

I love the way you colored the image. There are several really nice images this week that I would like to have.

debbie said...

love it

Sharon Jones said...

This card is totally fabulous, Holly! Great job with the copics and I love the shimmery effect! This digi is a must-have!

Linda said...

Oh enjoy the maid. That is a wonderful idea. I cleaned windows today. I am taking my time this year. One room a day then play.
Love the cards and you coloring. You always do such a wonderful job.

luvmycards said...

Gosh Holly this is just stunning!
Carolyn

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You are on quite a roll with all these gorgeous cards. I just adore dragonflies! I am lucky enough to have them visit daily, here on the lake. TFS!

Tammy said...

Positively gorgeous Holly! Love the glittered wings and gorgeous flowers! Super card Holly!

Becky said...

It is a gorgeous image Holly, and colored beautifully.

Maria Matter said...

this is beautiful Holly! love all the pretty colors!
hugs & blessings

Dixieglitzie said...

so very pretty holly. it looks so dimensional....just gorgeous:)

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

WOW! This is over the top gorgeous. The way you've coloured it is stunning. Merry Maids is a darn good idea. Happy Crafting while your house gets cleaned. :-D

Faith A said...

Wonderful so colourful