Monday, June 25, 2012

Happy Cupcake Day

Hi everyone! Man are we ever in the middle of a heat wave - it was triple digits Saturday and Sunday! If extreme heat isn't a good reason to stay inside and make cards then I don't know what is! My mojo was in full swing yesterday and I got a lot of cards made to share with you this week!

 Before I show you my card however, let me show you a card Tara my boss's six year old daughter made for me.

She used the Hearts As Big As A Whale image by Louise Gardner. She colored this at work on Friday while I was busy working. She asked me when my birthday was and I told her it was in July so she made me an early birthday card! Here's the inside.

Isn't that sweet?

 Now my card was made for the Featured Stamper challenge they had yesterday at Splitcoast Stampers. I chose to CASE THIS CARD. I really liked the big cupcake and the simple layout. Since the big cupcake was one of the things I liked about the card, I thought the Sassy Sally's Big Cupcake image by Cheryl Alger was the perfect image to use!


I colored this with Copic markers and chalked around the background. The sentiment is from the Birthday Set by Michelle Bertuzzi.  I just now noticed that I didn't color her shoes!  I will have to correct that before sending this off to someone!

Today is a brand new challenge on the Squigglefly Blog, so save some time to go see what the Rascals have been up to!  Try to stay cool today and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Sharon Jones said...

Tara gave you the sweetest card! What a sweet child your boss has...so caring!
I adore your image! Your colouring is fantastic, Holly!
Hugz2u!

wannabcre8tive said...

I love this new SF image and you have colored it beautifully.

Tammy said...

Cute card Holly and such an adorable image! The lemon frosting on the cupcake makes me want to take a bite!

Tammy said...

Forgot to add that the early birthday card that Tara made you is terrific!

Linda said...

Oh this is so sweet Tara's and yours.
Heat is like cold inside we go. I was inside the cabin because of rain then mosquitoes. LOL

bumblebee creations said...

how sweet! Isn't it funny how we don't notice something like that until we are looking at the photo we took!!

Elaine A said...

Hi Holly -

I love the card that sweet Tara made for you, what a little darling she is! And your card is just adorable, love it! And I would not have noticed the uncolored shoe if you had not pointed it out.

Elaine Allen

Beebeebabs said...

Tooooooo cute!!!

Pryn said...

Such an adorable card that Tara made for you, Holly! So thoughtful and sweet :)
Your card is fabulous!!! LOVE the paper and your coloring is FANTASTIC!
Thank you for stopping by my blog during The Outlawz celebration :) I hope to see you in the challenges too ;)

Dixieglitzie said...

what a sweet heart tara is...tell her your friend from La said hello:)
girl this cupcake looks soooooo good i want to find a bakery and buy about a half dozen cupcakes...just for me and my sweet tooth. beautiful job once again holly.

Reflections from Granny said...

What a sweet card she made for you, Happy Birthday early Holly!

Gorgeous cards, the snorkeling one is amazing, I could get lost in that world for a bit. :)

Hugs, Lori m