Friday, June 29, 2012

I Scream!

I was doing some screaming yesterday and I'll probably be doing it again today! Yesterday this deplorable heat decided we haven't had it quite hot enough so it spike to 107! The forecast is for more of the same today through the weekend. So scream number one is just because it's so dang hot! This kind of heat makes me cranky and I think it makes customers with no air conditioning cranky too!

 Scream number two came when the air conditioning in my office quit working! And you know how the cobbler's children have no shoes? Well, my boss was busy getting paying customer's air conditioning fixed so my air had to wait. He did promise to work on it this evening though!

 Scream number three came when I left work and discovered I had a flat tire! This was shortly followed by scream number four when I discovered that my husband had left the house and not bothered to take his cell phone! So what would soothe the frazzled nerves of one who has experienced a day like this?




Ice Cream! Ice Cream can turn me from the monster I was to a happy and contented person again! This Ice Cream Monster is from Squigglefly and is drawn by Denise Clemmensen. She has more monsters too, and they are all so cute with their own personalities. I colored this with copic markers.  It's pretty simple to see what I did to make the card.  The orange dots are rain dots and the words are computer generated.  Inside finishes off the childhood rhyme "Let's all scream for ice cream!"

Luckily there was a co-worker leaving work at the same time as me and he very graciously took off my flat and put on a spare for me.  The spare was kind of iffy, so I drove home keeping my eyes peeled for a tire place that was open.  I found one and he was able to plug my tire and replace it for me!  All's well that ends well, and ice cream never hurts!


7 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i hope you stopped for ice cream AFTER that tire incident. we only hit 100 here. inside my house the thermostat read 85 and that's with the a/c and all lthe fans going. my thermo is set at 78. we're supposed to be in the 90s for the next 7 days. i DO NOT want to see next month's electric bill! ugh

love my new nu balance. i'm glad i exchanged. these are way more comfy.

your card is fabulous for a hot summer day!

we desperately need rain here. we haven't had any - in sandwich, for 2 months. it's very dry. forget hosing. that barely touches the surface.

oy yoy yoy.

hugs :)

Tammy said...

It's hot here but not like what you have been and continue to experience. Wish I could send you some coolness. Love your awesome card, the shorts really crack me up!

Linda W. said...

oh that is so for sure lately! You hit it right on the head Holly - and I sure hope your a/c is fixed today.

rocqee said...

Yeh, for the ice cream! Very, very cute card. Here's a cliche for you, "when it rains, it pours!". If only!!! Love the card and you have oodles of sympathy from me. I am near Palm Springs and it is always hot here but not too much humidity and that is what saves us. Hope it gets better soon.

Dixieglitzie said...

holly you win at 107...it's "just" 102 in my neck of the woods:)
i hope with all of my heart that your a/c gets fixed before you have to be back at work.
love your card....it's got me obsessing over the butter pecan in my freezer. ok that's it -gotta go get me a double scoop:)

Beebeebabs said...

LOL tooooo cute!!!

Becky said...

You poor thing. I would be screaming too :)..And what a fun card for such a tough day.. Girl it is hot there..Here in RI hot is 90 and we see that only a few times a year. Normally it is cold here at night, I still have my electric blanket on my bed. :) Kid you not!