Wednesday, June 13, 2012

If it looks like a duck...

Hi everyone. Happy hump day!  I've got a cute baby card to share today. I used the cute Quack Me image by Sandy Sommerfeld and paired it with one of the sentiments in Jess Holland's set of baby sentiments Sweet Baby Text.



I colored the image with Copic markers and used some glossy accent on the water.  I tied a little pink ribbon around the duck's neck and added a yellow button on the sentiment.  A lacy border between the two designer papers finishes it off.

 I have been feeling so sluggish and muscle sore the last couple of days. On Monday night I thought I was getting sick because I was so sore and had chills. Believe me, getting chilled in my house in the summer time is not something that happens too often! Brock likes to keep the thermostat up much higher than I do, but I was chilled on Monday night. I felt a little better yesterday, but still sore - my skin hurts! Anyway, I'm hoping it's nothing and that I'll be back to feeling normal soon.

We ended up taking Riley to the vet for her leg.  I wanted to be sure that she didn't dislocate her hip or knee (do dogs have knees?).  The vet wants us to being her back tomorrow so they can sedate her and do xrays.  She said there may be something going on with her hip or maybe a tear in the ACL which could cause problems later down the road.   I wish Riley could learn a lesson and settle down!


Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Becky said...

Poor Riley..I do hope everything works out well.
Love this card this morning Holly, it is cute as a button :).

Dawn Frost said...

Love the duck, very cute card! Secondly Riley is a terrier, they NEVER learn, lol!

Tammy said...

First off, oh no, not Riley again! You are going to have to get her special paws that weigh a ton to keep all fours grounded! Sweet pup.

Second, you are not, I repeat, not permitted to be sick so stop it now! I hope it passes quickly, we need our super glue!

Lastly, your card is positively adorable! I love how the puddle actually looks like water!

Linda W. said...

I love that duck card Holly! It's pretty popular! Please give Riley a hug from us. It's difficult to keep those dogs quiet - I have one just like that! He'll jump from the top of a queen sized bed - or jump straight up 3 feet off the ground! I hope all goes well for him.
Hugs
Linda

bumblebee creations said...

love your lil duckie! that Riley!!! I wonder-ever think of nick-naming her trouble?!! What a turkey she is...always getting into something!

Beebeebabs said...

Cute cute cute!!!

Sandy said...

Hi Holly...
Hope Riley is okay - our furry babies can be so worrisome at times... :)

Quacked looks awesome! love the coloring & the water! :)

Sandy S

Scrappin Sista said...

cute!! I love rubber duckies!!