Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Merry Crittermas

Hi everyone! I know the title of my post probably has you thoroughly confused, so you know it probably has something to do with one of Mothermark's Tuesday Teapartys! This particular teaparty is for a fellow teapotter who is big into making Christmas cards all year long in Splitcoast Stampers Christmas Card Challenge. Unfortunately she injured her arm and she's been a little down because she's not going to get her own Christmas cards made. We thought it would be great to make Christmas cards for her so she'll have plenty when Christmas gets here. The twist is that the cards must have some kind of critter on them - thus my "Merry Crittermas" in the title! Now that you are no longer confused, let me share my card



I used the oh so adorable Mouseltoe by Diane Carubia and colored it with Copic markers. I added some liquid applique to the trim on their clothing.  I paired it with a beautiful Christmas sentiment from Jess Holland that I printed out in red.

 If you are thinking the holes in my scallops look a little odd, that's because I hand punched them with a 1/4" hole puncher.  I didn't have a die that had a scalloped circle with holes like I wanted, so I made my own!  The challenge on Squigglefly's blog this week is to jazz up your borders, so I thought jazzing up a regular scalloped circle punch with some holes would qualify!

The papers are all digital.  You may notice a little bit of red on the cat's face - well let me help you learn from my mistake!  I was coloring the cat and as the paper got wet it picked up some red copic marker that was scribbled on the paper beneath it!  I tired my best to get rid of it and re-color the cat, but red is the hardest of all colors to erase completely.

I have to admit it was fun making a Christmas card on such a hot weekend!  I even found myself humming Christmas Carols!


 Have a fun day, and thanks for looking.


11 comments:

Linda said...

Oh this is so sweet. I am a sucker for a cute cat.
I would never had noticed the red but your are right red is the hardest to get out and you have to be careful what is underneath.
Love the card!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

That's just TOO adorable. Perfect for the border challenge this week. I should start making some christmas cards too. Great work! Holley

Shawna said...

What an adorable image! How did I miss it? Love the dimensional "fur" on their little hats.

Becky said...

How cute Holly, that image is adorable and love the fur.

Kathy Bradley said...

Cute, cute image and an adorable card - awesome coloring, Holly!!

Tammy said...

Sweet Christmas card, love the adorable image. The background papers are perfect for Christmas. Very clever to punch holes!

Linda W. said...

I never would've guessed about the holes in the scallops! It's a sweet sweet Christmas card Holly!

Beebeebabs said...

Cute cute cute card!!!

Scrappin Sista said...

super cute!! I love it!!

Pat said...

I feel cooled off just by looking at this card!@! Love the kitty image.

Sharon Jones said...

Awesome and sweet kitties on your card, Holly! So glad to be back from vacation to see all this wonderful talent...thanks for cooling me off, too!