Thursday, June 21, 2012

More Summer Fun

Hi everyone! I hope your week is going by faster than mine is. I thought all day yesterday it was today, so I'm really disappointed to find out it's NOT Friday today! I won't say a word about how hot it is, and you won't hear a peep about how bad the mosquitoes are once the ghastly sun dips below the horizon, but I will tell you that I'm not a happy camper with the forecast! So, in an effort to cool off I made a card with a swimming pool!




This image, Spring Pool Party is from one of Squigglefly's newest artists, Mike Eustis. I fell in love with Mike's sweet sketches. I know there is a story behind this little chick and bunny rabbit, because they keep popping up in other drawings! (see HERE). I colored this with copic markers and chalk. I added crystal lacquer to the water.

I used a scalloped circle die to cut the yellow card stock, but I gave the cardstock a twist and ran it through my machine again to get more a pinking shear look to it.  Then I added some yellow stickles and a button.  I thought it kind of looked like the sun (the evil, hot, non-forgiving, scorching you to death sun!)   I stamped some grass and computer generated the sentiment.  Now before all you grammar police get after me, I know that funner is not a word although my spell checker did not notify me of a spelling error when I typed it!  I just thought that it fit in with the card better spelling it this way.

I used some blue liquid pearls on either side of the sentiment and wrapped some twisted yarn around the card.  I hope you like it!  Have a great day and stay cool if you can!

7 comments:

Linda said...

Oh I know your pain. But we have been lucky with our heat it has been very windy so that helps and takes care of the mosquitoes. The little best don't fly so good in the wind. Yea!
adorable card.
I hope you get to do a little water play to cool off.

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so cute, I love the sun and the stickles. The little kids are going to need those swimming pools in our neck of the woods today.

Tammy said...

Super cute card, love the adorable image! I'm ready to dig a hole and fill it with water to cool off!

Linda W. said...

Super cute card/idea Holly! Mike's images are really cute! Wonderful to have him onboard and you do his images justice!

Beebeebabs said...

Way toooooo cute!!!

Niki said...

Great card, the sentiment is perfect, regardless of the grammar. Love how you did the sun.

Lori m said...

Oh gosh this is too stinking cute, love it!

Hugs, Lori m