Friday, June 1, 2012

New Releases and New Artists!

Hi everyone! Yay for Friday and the weekend! This is a great weekend because now that the One A Day In May has ended, Squigglefly is back to the weekly new releases! Tomorrow you can be treated to a whole slew of wonderful new images! This week's release is special because we are welcoming THREE NEW ARTISTS!   Denise Clemensen, Kim Fleming, and Mike Eustis will all be making their debut tomorrow! I am sure you will love their artwork as much as I do.

I have a card today that uses one of the new images being released tomorrow.  This is one called Summer  Sweet Daisies and is by Lynne Stansbery.  I paired it with a sentiment by Jess Holland.  There are four different sentiments in this Dotted Circle Sentiment set




I colored this with Copic markers and matted it with two different colors of some paint sample chips I picked up at a recent trip to Wal Mart.  I stuck some designer paper down and then embossed the entire card with an embossing folder before attaching the image panel and the sentiment is popped up on foam dots.  If you click on the image you can see it a little bigger.

Here's another card I made with an image by Kim Fleming called From Little Things.  I am not too crazy with how my card turned out, but I really love the image.  It's so cool how she's spelled the sentiment out in the branches of the tree!



I used Copic markers to color the image and mounted it on some hand dyed tissue paper.  I think I should have printed this image out a little smaller and then have done a whole different type of layout - this one is just a little too plain looking for my tastes.  I thought the paper was so pretty that I didn't want to add more, but it's just not right.  I will be using this image again soon though!

I am really excited for you to see all the new images!  I am even more excited to start making more cards with them!  Have a great Friday, and thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Sharon Jones said...

Whoa, these cards totally pop, Holly! I love those images, too! Great colouring job! ;D
Have a wonderful day!

Tammy said...

Wow, great cards! Lynne's new image is absolutely beautiful and you've colored it to perfection! You should give shading lessons!

Linda W. said...

Both cards are beautiful Holly. I love your coloring. You mentioned you did not like the 2nd card - how would it look if you matted the image on black (to bring out that charcoal or black and then mat that on a deep rose red to bring out the reds. I really like it - we need to go out a bit on the limbs! (pun intended) Hugs dear, Linda

Linda said...

Wonderful cards! Love how you did the embossing on the first. It really sets off the image.

Margaret said...

Fab cards. the embossing on the first one really makes the image stand out

Margaret xx

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Gorgeous cards Holly. How thrilling when there are such lovely new images & artists, hey? Love that sweet vase & what a clever tree with the sentiment in the branches. Happy weekend!

Dixieglitzie said...

beautiful...as always:)

downrightcrafty said...

beautiful creations and gorgeous colouring on those flowers
Hugs Kate x

Scrappin Sista said...

pretty cards, love the first one!! nice work!

Mere Deaux said...

Hi I have gone to Sqyigglefly to find the image from Lynne. I have not been able to find it. Your cards are wonderful and check your blog often. thanks for the inspiration!
Jan