Monday, June 18, 2012

Orchids In Pencil

Hi everyone, happy Monday! I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was good. I got a lot of things done on Saturday so that I could spend Sunday making cards. Of course as usually happens when I have the whole day to make cards, I have a hard time getting my mojo moving! I did go to Splitcoast Stampers and take a peek at the Featured Stamper challenge.

 I found the card I wanted to CASE on the first page of hr gallery. You can see it HERE. I chose to use the lovely and delicate Orchids image by Deena Perreault. The sentiment is one from Jess Holland that can be found HERE. I just printed the image and sentiment at the same time and then colored the orchids with colored pencils. I really loved the scored lines on the card she did, so I copied that.



There's a new challenge on Squigglefly's blog today  - be sure to take a look.  I hope the design team's creations inspire you to play along!  Have a great Monday!

10 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh wow Holly, beautiful card! The orchids are colored to perfection and I love the look the score lines add.

Margaret said...

Beautiful card, Holly

Margaret xx

Linda W. said...

Oh this is beautiful Holly - I love the scored line idea and am going to try that. Your orchids are beautiful (as always)! ;)

Linda said...

This is beautiful. The colored pencils really looks great. What kind do you use?
Love this card.

Berni Cuttino said...

Holly, this is a perfect CAS card, loving the orchids with beautiful coloring. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving the sweet comments. Hugs

Maria Matter said...

so beautiful Holly! the score lines really add a nice touch!!
hugs & blessings

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh holly! this is just gorgeous!!!!! is it hot enough for ya????

hugs :)

Beebeebabs said...

Thanks Holly - very pretty card thanks for sharing!!!

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

Breathtakingly lovely! I can't believe your colouring & the scoring really makes it too.

Becky said...

What beautiful coloring Holly!