Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Snorkeling

Hi everyone! Was I complaining about the heat yesterday? Well the good Lord gave me something to really complain about because it got even hotter! Our high yesterday was 105 and the next two weeks look just awful. Wouldn't a vacation to a cooler place be nice about now? Well all the teapotters are going on a cruise! At least that's the theme of this week's teaparty. Wasn't that a nice little segue to today's card?  I thought one thing people do when they go on cruises is to go snorkeling and see all the sea life, so here's my card!



I loved Diana Garrison's newest image Tropical Vacation, and it fit so nicely with the teaparty theme that I had to use it! I colored everything with Copic markers and chalk.  I added yellow stickles to the center of the flowers and plain glitter to the sun.

I was going to make some little bubbles for the fish and a big blog fell out right on the fish's snout!  It wasn't where I wanted it, but it wasn't worth doing the whole card over!  It just kind of looks like he's blowing a bubble!  That particular fish is cut out and popped up for a little extra dimension.  I left the image large to take up the whole card.  I matted it with some forest green, but it kind of looks black in the photo.  It's a gorgeous image though, and so fun to color!


9 comments:

Tammy said...

Wonderful happy card! Love the image and the colors are so cheerful and bright! Super card.

Sharon Jones said...

Whoa, Holley, this is SO gorgeous! I love everything about it!! I just gotta go get this digi asap! Your colouring and design on your card totally rock!

Dixieglitzie said...

u always make me giggle holly:) another beautiful card...it looks so sparkle-y.

Shawna said...

This is a great card Holly! I love the image and how you colored it. So bright and cheerful---just how a reef would look! Sorry about the heat---you can come vacation here. The past two nights I have had to cover the garden because they predicted 32 degrees. It didn't make it that low, but it's almost July for Pete's sake!!!

guilinger2 said...

I wonder if you are here in the Denver area, since it was 105 degrees here yesterday (and will be about that again today). I can't believe this is Colorado weather!

Shelley said...

Love the card AND the bubble on the fishies nose, lol. Very colorful. 105 here yesterday too and should be the same today. Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the smoke from the fires on top of the heat. Good excduse to stay inside and create!

Linda W. said...

Oh wow Holly - this is beautiful! Diana's images just rock everyone's socks off! I love the extra bubble! Great idea and beautiful ccloring!

Linda said...

Wow oh Wow this is amazing! love all the beautiful colors and images.

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful card - great coloring thanks for sharing!!!