Monday, June 11, 2012

Something fishy

Good morning ya'll! I hope you had a nice weekend. Mine was busy and somewhat productive. I didn't get as much crafting time in as I would have enjoyed, but I did get enough cards made to be able to share one with you each day this week. I went shopping and out to lunch with my daughter Chesney on Saturday where she treated me to some things I picked out at our new, larger JoAnn's store. I went to my best friend's granddaughter's dance recital on Sunday. They were sooo cute!  Here's  picture of my friend's granddaughter in her costume.

All the girls in her dance wore the same wigs.  I think they would have looked cuter without them.  It was a long show, but we only stayed long enough to see her.

 I got my usual weekly grocery shopping and meal prep in, and I'm sorry to say that Riley ran after a squirrel and has now injured her "good" leg! We've been giving her remadyl all weekend. She just needs to take it easy, but she doesn't know how!

  Squigglefly had a fantastic release of new images this weekend! Seriously, you should just go browse - but plan to stay a while because there is so much to see! I used one of the newest images called Too Cool For School by Diana Garrison for my card today.



Since the challenge on Squigglefly's blog today is to make a shaped card, I thought a fish shaped card would be perfect! I colored it with some bright Copic markers and added glitter and liquid pearls. I also had to add a little eyelashed googly eye!

 The Too Cool For School set comes with three different fun sentiments, but mine uses  a computer generated sentiment, but I didn't think of the sentiment until after I already had the card colored and cut out, so I had to print it on another piece of card stock, glue it in place and then cut around the fish again, so my cutting is a little messy!



Shaped cards are fun to make.  You can go with a circle or use a die for some other kind of shape.  It's fun to think outside the box a bit and see what you can come up with.  Why don't you play along in the challenge?  Be sure to go see what the design team has come up with!  In the mean time, have a "fin" tastic day and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh wow Holly, absolutely fabulous! Love the bright cheerful colors you used and the goggley eye is perfect!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Love this 0-fish-al card! It must have been "hurt your leg" weekend. My Jessie did something to her left front and could barely walk last night. Hope Riley feels better.

Lori m said...

Adorable, colored to perfection and just so cute!

Love the recital photo, sorry about Riley, hope she mends quick.

Hugs, Lori m

Linda W. said...

Love the recital photo - I bet those gals were sooooo darling! I love yoru O-fish-al birthday card!

Dawn Frost said...

Great bright colours Holly, love the fish! Poor Riley, she's just like our Ryley. He injured his rib in the spring and its still not healed because.... when he sees a bird, squirrel, rabbit, you get it, he goes nuts! Terriers what are you going to do, lol!

bumblebee creations said...

hehe!! Love it-(fin-tastic day)
I love the fishy card too, how very clever!

Linda said...

Oh this is so amazing! We are big fishing family and I love this. It is so perfect!

Anonymous said...

Dang! That fish card is fabulous Holly. I love the shape, the greeting, the colors, the 3-D dots and those spectacular eyes!

Love it!

Brat

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so cute, I love the sentiment.

Kathy Bradley said...

Oh my gosh, Holly, this is an adorable card. Now I have to go and buy this image because what a fun project you've made - I love it - big smiles!

Charlene Mitchell said...

Holly, this is so much fun! Love the bright colours and what a fabulous idea to make your card in the shape of this fish! Love the googly eye too - I just picked some similar ones up - they're so fun!