Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer Fun With The Queen

Hi everyone and happy hump day! I am trying so hard to not talk about how hot it is here, but it's really hard not to complain about it, and we need rain so badly! Oh for a rainy day!

 Well, if you can't have rain getting in a pool or lake is a great way to cool off!


This little Tubin' Shy Bear is by Lynne Stansbery and I made him for the Queen For A Day challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. Cathy made an adorable card with a little bear in an inner tube that you can see here, so I chose that card to CASE.

 My image is colored with Copic markers and I chalked the sky and added stickles to the water. Since the inner tube had stars on it I went with a fourth of July theme and made the card red, white, and blue.  I added some star brads and embossed the background with stars.

I wish you a great day!  Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Linda said...

Very cute and summery! Love it!

Tammy said...

Sweet card Holly! Such a cutie-potie image, love the shimmer of the water!

Linda W. said...

Just the cutest little bear ever, Holly! I always learn something when I come to your blog...love how you created the patriotic theme!

Becky said...

What a cute image, fabulous coloring Holly.

bumblebee creations said...

very very cute Holly!! I am loving that image! How fun and perfect for this time of the year!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i love stars. did u know that... starts, hearts and flowers. my favorite shapes. love the card. the embossing is fabulous with the shading!

yeah, we need rain badly too. we haven't even hit 1" yet in over a month. supposed to cool down - if you call mid 80s cools.

lucky me... didn't have to "play" outside! we blew up balloons inside. no bubbles. tomorrow i take off and then back on friday when it's water slide day. oy vey!

hugs :)

Beebeebabs said...

Tooooo cute!!!