Monday, June 4, 2012

Triple Threat!

Hey everyone! I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was pretty good. I am a little disappointed in the Merry Maid service I received. It's the first time I've used a maid service, but the Groupon deal was so good I thought I'd try it out. The deal was for four rooms. I chose my kitchen, dining room, living room, and main bathroom. She was here for one hour. Could you clean four rooms in one hour? She did an okay job, but I won't be scheduling a future visit.

 I did get a few cards made this weekend. Yesterday was the Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers and I really loved the gallery we had to pick from. I ended up being so inspired I made three cards! The first card I CASED was THIS ONE. I chose the new Heart Blowing Ellie by Louise Gardner and paper pieced the elephant.  The sentiment is one from the Sweet Baby Text set by Jess Holland.  The background was embossed with the swiss dots folder and then sanded so the dots look white.



The second card I CASED was THIS ONE.   I loved how she had a baby elephant, so I opened the elephant up in my Photoshop program and erased the hearts.  Then it was just a matter of shrinking him down and placing him behind the bigger elephant before printing.   The sentiment is another one from Jess Holland called Welcome Little One.     Again, I paper pieced the elephants.  Isn't it cute?



The next card isn't a CASE, just one that I thought would be cute and the idea came to me while working with the elephant.


I paper pieced the elephant and printed the sentiment at the same time as the image.  The background is embossed with hearts and I dotted white dots around the ones that are indented   I hope you like them all!

Today is a brand new challenge on the Squigglefly blog!  Holley has challenged everyone to make her laugh.  Be sure to set a little time aside to go see what the design team has done.  I love funny cards, so I know I'll be playing along later this week!

Enjoy your Monday, and thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

A trio of pure cuteness!

Sharon Jones said...

Aw, Holly, I just LOVE your elephant cards! All of these are just too cute! You are so talented, gf!!

Dixieglitzie said...

so sweet:)

Niki said...

Great cards, fun to see what you can do with just one image. Sorry about your Merry Maids experience. I used to have them come on a regular basis. They always sent 2 people, 4 hours, for the whole house. I agree, 1 person, 1 hour, 4 rooms, seems skimpy to me. Maybe because of the coupon.

Tammy said...

FUNtastic cards, each one is absolutely adorable! Great colors and DP!

Linda said...

Sorry to hear about the maid. I could clean 3 rooms in an hour if I didn't have to pick everything up, move the furniture, answer the phone, check my email, and look out side at all the work I need to do there. LOL
Love the beautiful cards . I really like what you did with the heart embossing folder. I have that one and will have to give it a try.

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

These are just too sweet or words. LOVE that little elephant madly & the paper piecing is perfect, especially with the hearts.

bumblebee creations said...

oh my goodness - EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THESE ARE JUST THE CUTEST!!

wannabcre8tive said...

Cute cards, I love the paper piecing.

Faith A said...

WOW great? minds think alike, I have done elephant and baby for a card too, (haven't blogged it yet!) love your 3.