Friday, July 20, 2012

Awesome People

Hi all! Happy Friday!  I am travelling out of town today to visit with four of my sisters at one of my sister's house.  It will be nice to see them all, and it's been a while since so many of us were together.  I won't be back until Sunday night, so there will not be many cards to see from me next week because I do all of my crafting on the weekends.

However, I did have that blogaversary in June and Sunday is my birthday, so I'm celebrating both with a big giveaway.  I will post pictures of the prize and what to do to win when I get back.

Now for today's card I used this adorable image, Totally Pawsome by Fawn Palmer,  It comes with this cute sentiment.  Fawn has such a great variety of image and always tires to make it easier and a better value for you by providing sentiments with her images.  


I think it would be a great card congratulating someone for something, but I made it into a birthday card for someone who has done a lot for  Squigglefly; Heather Strenzwilk is the face behind Squigglefly's Facebook page.  Her birthday is next week so stop by facebook and wish her a happy birthday!



I colored this with Copic markers and chalked the background and floor.  The papers, ribbon, and cute little dog shaped bone were gifts from Squigglefly design team leader Rhonda Zmikly and they were perfect to us with this image.  If you look closely you will see little dog bones printed on the ribbon.  Thanks Rhonda - I love the papers and fun pet items you sent me!

There is still time to play in Squigglefly's blog challenge, so if you're looking for something to do come play along with us!  I hope you have a great weekend.  See you next week!

10 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

Holly, this is adorable. I love this sweet little dog and the paper is so perfect to showcase that sweet little face.

Linda said...

So sweet. I love the puppy.

Linda W. said...

I laughed when I saw this card - it's just darling! I hope you have a lovely birthday Sunday Holly - cya when you return!

Tammy said...

OUtstanding Holly! I love, love puppy dogs and this one is a real cutie! Hope you have a wonderful trip and a great birthday!

luvmycards said...

Holly this card is adorable!! I love all the accents and paper! How cute!
Carolyn

Becky said...

What an adorable card Holly, great design.
Have fun :)

Lisa M said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to YOU, Happy Birthday Dear HOLLY...Happy Birthday TO YOU!!! Your birthday card for Heather is outstanding!! That sheer ribbon with the bones..WOW!!
Hugs and hope you had a great visit. :)
Lisa xx

Reflections from Granny said...

Happy Belated Birthday Holly. Enjoy the time away with your family, have a whole lot of laughs and fun.

Hugs, Lori m

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

happy birthday to you.
happy birthday to you...

can ya hear me??????

i'm sending you a gazillion happy wishes.

hugs :)

bumblebee creations said...

Wow Holly! I love your card--and picked the perfect image to go with those papers!! Such a fun card-Heather will love it!!