Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fintastic!

Hi everyone! Well Praise the Lord we got some rain yesterday! It poured for about 40 minutes while I was at work and it was so wonderful! Of course when I got home I discovered not a drop fell at our house!

 Thank you for the well wishes too. I do still have swollen glands, but they aren't as swollen or painful as they were and I don't feel as tired and blahed out.

 If you haven't been to Squigglefly's blog to see the design team's cards for the Paper Piecing challenge, you really should make a point to drop by and see. They are fabulous and have me itching to make a paper pieced card!

 The card I have today is one I made for the Outlawz Twisted Thursday challenge. The challenge was anything goes with a twist of Fish, so I used the newly released Something's Fishy by Mike Eustis for my card.   I love the smile on the fish's face!





I used Copic markers to color and chalked around the background.   I added some crystal lacquer to the water puddles and some yellow stickles to the goldfis.  The sentiment is computer generated.  The little strip of gold on the seam of the designer paper is a gift from Squigglefly team member Charlene Mitchell.  I love the delicate little golden strips!  Thanks again Charlene!

Hope you have a great day!

7 comments:

Lynnor Goodwin said...

Adorable!!! Love the textured details!!

Sharon Jones said...

That Mike is has such a talent with his little drawings...I love the fish! Your colouring is great! I love that little gold detail, also. Beautiful card, Holly! Hope you win something! If not, it's still fun playing!

wannabcre8tive said...

A very cute card. Love the happy little gold fish. Great coloring.

Tammy said...

Adorable card Holley! I love the image, just too cute with that smile on it's face! Pretty paper too!

Becky said...

Well I am happy you all got rain! And your cute little friend looks like he is truly enjoying his water. Great card.

Scrappin Sista said...

Love the play on words and the detail in this card, too cute!!

Dawn Frost said...

Oh My goodness she's so cute! Great colouring Holly, I love the oranges.