Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Hello Pops!

Hi everyone! Well we had a little bit of cloud coverage yesterday and the temps didn't get into the triple digits so it was a lot better. Plus the A/C at my office was working like a champ!

 Yesterday the Outlawz Greeting Card challenge was an Anything Goes challenge so I decided to play along with this card.



The image is called Daisy Pops and comes with this image and six different sentiments! What a deal! It's drawn by Diana Garrison whose work I just adore.  I printed the image twice so I could pop up the flower tops.  It's colored with Copic markers and chalked in the background.  What you probably can't see unless you look really closely are the little white dots I made on the background.  I used white gesso to do the dots and I love how it leaves them raised up a little.  In fact, I love how the whole card turned out!

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

6 comments:

Sharon Jones said...

You are dead-on with this absolutely stunning card, Holly! I love how the whole thing turned out, too!
Hugz2u!

Dixieglitzie said...

i love it too holly. it is so bright and cheeerful. what is gesso used for...other than making cute little dots? :)

wannabcre8tive said...

So beautiful, Holly. I love those Daisy pops. A really great layout and choice of papers to showcase them, too.

Tammy said...

Wonderful card Holly! Love the pretty background and of course, the image is amazing!

Berni Cuttino said...

Beautiful, loving the colors and dp. Hugs

Becky said...

What a fabulous card Holly. I just love that tie :) and what great flowers and design paper.
Have a great 4th