Monday, July 16, 2012

hot, hot, hot

Hi everyone! I hope you had a great weekend. Mine was really good, but left little time for crafting! On Saturday I went to the first birthday party of my best friend's grandson. He is so cute and the presents he got were such fun and so different from what was around when my kids were born

. I got my usal menu planning, grocery shopping, and cooking done. On Sunday my niece and her husband were driving from Houston, TX to Chicago, IL and stopped to have dinner with us. We went to our favorite Mexican food place and enjoyed our visit.

 One card I did have time to make was this one using this Party Flamingo by artist
  Suzanne Urban.



I love this fun image! Suzanne always come up with fun images.  I colored this with Copic markers and computer generated the sentiment.  I used hot colors to go with the theme.  The sky is chalked, but it doesn't show up well in the photo.  This card has already been sent and received to a friend of mine and she loved it.

Today there is a new challenge on the Squigglefly blog!  I hope you will try to play along!


7 comments:

Tammy said...

I love, love Party Flamingo it's just too much fun! Great background papers and bow, really adds to the delight of the image! The font you used on the sentiment is fabulous!!

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so cute. I love pink and orange together. That glittery board is da bomb.

Linda said...

LOL this just cracked me up. Love it Holly!

bumblebee creations said...

I love the flamingo!! Gorgeous card, with gorgeous colors!

Becky said...

I love it too!:)That is one cool Flamingo..

Linda W. said...

Party flamingo is right on for these hot days. At 101 here at 2 pm, this is crazy. But I love your colors! What font did you use for the "Feelin' hot, hot, hot!

Dawn Frost said...

OMG I love her, what a scream! Perfect background for the card Holly!