Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Joyful Soul

Hi everyone! Hope your week has gotten off to a good start. My Monday was a Monday - not much more to say about that! But it will be a short week for me as I am taking Friday off to travel to Missouri to see one of my sisters. I have one sister who will be travelling with me, and two other sisters are also travelling there so it will be a mini reunion of all but one sister. I am looking forward to seeing everyone, but I am not looking forward to the drive on Friday and Sunday.

 Today's card is one I made a while back for the Featured Stamper challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. You can see the card I picked to CASE by clicking HERE. I chose a sentiment from Squigglefly called Joy Everywhere.



I used a nestabilities die to cut out the opening and the pink frame.  It's hard to tell from the photo, but the sentiment is popped up behind the opening.  The flowers are from a couple of punches and I used some epoxy stickers for the center of the larger flowers.  The smaller flowers have stickles in the middle.

I love this sentiment, and while making it I thought of the people in my life that have this special gift of spreading joy.  People like this are rare, and if you have one in your life then you know what I mean - why not make them a card letting them know!  This card has been received by the person I was thinking of.

Looking for a challenge?  Go play in Squigglefly's recipe challenge!


5 comments:

Sharon Jones said...

Beautiful card and beautiful sentiment, Holly! I hope you have a fun and safe trip!

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so pretty. I love the frame work.

Tammy said...

Okay, this is three times trying to tell you your card is wonderful and that I love the sentiment! The internet must be bothered by the heat!

bumblebee creations said...

Love this saying and your card is gorgeous Holly! Have fun this weekend!!

Dawn Frost said...

I love this sentiment, what a great card!