Tuesday, July 24, 2012

nanny nanny boo boo

Hi everyone! I'm back from my trip and I want to thank all of you for the birthday wishes! I am so blessed to have so many loving people in my life. My trip out of town went really well. One of my sisters rode with me and she brought her dog, Emie. Emie had never been on a long car ride before so I wasn't sure how she was going to be, but she was perfect! she sat in the back seat on hr pillow and didn't try to jump in the front seat, she didn't want to stick her nose out the window, she didn't make a peep! She was the best traveling dog I think I've ever seen. 

We did get turned around in a few little towns on the way up there, but we were able to get back on track and made it to our final destination. I joked with my sister that we would be terrible on the Amazing Race!

 Once we were there it was a lot of fun talking, laughing, catching up, and reminiscing on old times. We are already talking about doing it again next year.

 Today I do have a card for you even if it's one I made a couple of weeks ago! This is my very time at trying to color ethnic skin color. I used an image by Fawn Palmer called Neener Neener.





I used Copic markers to color the image and chalked the background with some yellow chalk.  The sentiment comes with the image.  There is another sentiment besides this one as well!   I doodled the border around the image and added some liquid pearls in clear around the image and in the flowers of the border on the side of the card.

I think it's such a cute image!  I'm using it to send to someone to poke a little fun that they are older than me on their birthday.  I have one more card that I made last week to share later this week and then I will share the blog candy I've talked about.  Then I need to get busy making cards again!

Have a really great day, and thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip and that you are home safe and sound! Your card is the sweetest! Love the pretty colors and the lovely background!

Shawna said...

Oh Holly, I am so out of the loop!!! Am just getting back into the swing of the blog world and I am sorry I missed your birthday --- Hope it was a happy, happy one! And didn't know you were out of town either, but am happy to hear you had a good time. Welcome back!!!!

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so cute, Holly. I love the image and the doodling. Nice use of the liquid pearls, too.

Scrappin Sista said...

Too cute!!! I love it!!

bumblebee creations said...

you did a great job-but then again, your coloring is always amazing!! Great card!

Becky said...

So glad you had a wonderful trip Holly.
This image is adorable, nice details.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

glad u had a good time. cute card.
yeah, i now have a dog too (and me who said NEVER) she's great in the car too. sweet!

hugs :)