Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Party On Paper

Hi everyone! I've got a fun birthday card to share with you today.

 This cute cupcake image is drawn by Mike Eustis and is available at Squigglefly. The image is called Stud Muffin and it comes with a really cute sentiment that is sure to make you smile.


I colored this with Copic markers and added some yellow stickles to the candle flame.  I pierced some holes around the circle.  I actually went to my sewing machine and stitched around the designer paper - I don't know what came over me!  LOL!  I made some little triangle shapes out of different colors of card stock and stamped them with a speckled pattern for a banner.  I used a white gel pen to make dots on the edges and each flag is popped up with a foam dot.  Doesn't it look like a birthday party on paper?

The front of the card does not go completely to the edge, I left it so some of the designer paper inside the card would show on the outside.  Here's a look at the inside with a computer generated sentiment.




I hope you have a wonderful day today, and thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh Holly, what a fun, fun birthday card! Love all the little extra details you used and your coloring is perfect!

wannabcre8tive said...

What a sweet birthday card, I love the stitching.

bumblebee creations said...

I am soooo loving that sentimnet--that font is so fun!!

Nicecrane Designs said...

Wowww Holly love yout colorful card,,,,,OMG so funny,Thanks for your comments at Lisa blog about my Child Garden of Verses picts. So you can choose one of the 8 different on the collection and ask me your and favorite for free.

Becky said...

wow, I love that design paper Holly. Adorable image too.

Suzy said...

I ABSOLUTELY love this card. One of my favorite cards I have seen on your blog yet. It is just so happy and wonderful! The stitching definitely adds a new dimension, and the banner is perfect! It's like a birthday party that I totally want to be invited to, all in one card!