Monday, July 9, 2012

Where Is the Rain?

Hello everyone! I hope you had a nice weekend. Mine was a blur. I slept most of Saturday. I woke up with the glands in my neck very swollen and sore and just felt blah in general. The only thing I accomplished was grocery shopping. I was a little better yesterday but still didn't do much of anything. I got my cooking done and cleaned up around the house some. The weather wasn't as hot yesterday but they keep promising rain and it never comes. I long for a day with a long, soaking rain. Our yard needs it so badly! With the rain in mind came this card




The image is Puddle Jump by Kim Fleming.  I colored with Copic markers and chalked the gray sky.  I added a little crystal lacquer to the water puddle and computer generated the sentiment.  I added some red liquid pearls.

There's a new challenge on Squigglefly's blog today.  It's the first challenge for the new members of Rhonda's Rascals, so be sure you go take a peek!

Now, to announce the winner of the Sign Giveaway I had on my blog over the weekend....The winner is Dianne Guillnger!  Dianne, please e mail me at usyungs@gmail.com with your e mail address and I'll be sure to send you the information on how to claim your prize.  I hope your daughter is thrilled with her new sign!

If I don't hear back from Dianne by Wednesday night, I'll pick a new winner.  Thanks to everyone who commented!



7 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh Holly, I"m sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I hope it goes away quickly! Today's card is adorable! Love how the puddle looks real and wet!

Becky said...

So sorry you were not feeling well, hope your a little better.
Great card with that adorable image and love how you did the puddle.

Linda W. said...

Holly - I too pray for a return to great health for you. Those swollen glands can be such a pain - literally! And as for rain, we just saw the forecast for us for a full week thru the next weekend - no rain at all. So sad. But the temps are lower and we can all color! ;)

Linda said...

Oh I hope you are feeling better. No fun being sick and on the weekend.
Very cute card! Love the splashes. Very clever!

Beebeebabs said...

Such a cute card - hope your feeling better!!!

Reflections from Granny said...

Feel better, adorable card, we finally had a bust of rain but need much more and cooler temperatures. Stay cool and well.

Hugs, Lori m

Scrappin Sista said...

super cute!!