Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Awesome Teaparty and Technique!

Happy, happy hump day everyone! I hope your week is going great. Mine has been fine. The weather has been so much nicer and that always puts me in a good mood.  My boss's youngest daughter came to see me after her first day of 1st grade.  She was super happy to have the teacher she has.  Then she looked at me and said "Your hair is curly today!"  I said "yes, I know.  I usually straighten my hair and today I didn't have time so it's curly."  She stared at me a minute and said "you mean you wake up with it like that?"  and I said "yes" and she said "You are awesome!"  LOL!  Doesn't take much to be awesome in her eyes!  Then she pulled a section of her hair out and said "I have one curl here" and I pulled a section of mine out and said "I have one part that's straight!"

Yesterday was Tuesday and that means there was another Teaparty at Splitcoast Stampers. This week our cards are going to an eleven year old boy named Tyler who has had a rough time of it. We were supposed to bring anything that would make him smile and I thought that Fawn Palmer's Totally Pawsome doggie would do the trick especially when it has this punny sentiment!



I colored the image with Copic markers and chalked a little on the background.  The corners were clipped and then I pierced a hole in each.  I did the same thing to the sentiment.  The background paper is more that I got from Rhonda.  She is the best at picking out cute papers!   I added a little bit of crystal lacquer to his nose.  A border at the top finishes it off!

I made another card with the same image since I had printed it out two times.  One of the things I love, love, love about digital images is the ability to change them up a bit.  On the first card I stretched the dog out a bit making him taller.  You can see on this card that the dog is a little squatter.



It was colored with Copic markers.  I computer generated the sentiment directly to the card and used some more of the wonderful paper Rhonda sent me.  A blue ribbon hides the seam.   The inside of the card says
                          "Have A Yappy Birthday!"

I am entering the first card into Squigglefly's latest challenge - Techniques new or old.  I think manipulating a digital image is a technique!   Try to play along - you could win your choice of any image in Squigglefly's awesome store!

11 comments:

Loster said...

Holly - you are awesome! Finding the time to come up with such cute ideas and describing them so clearly. Thanks for sharing!

Elaine A said...

Holly -

I love both of the cards. They are so sweet and I love the pups on them. I really like the story about your boss' youngest. She sounds so adorable.

Elaine Allen

Tammy said...

Both cards are "pawsively" adorable Holly! Super papers and great coloring!

Betty J Schaub said...

both are very cute Holly.

Betty J Schaub said...

both are very cute Holly.

bumblebee creations said...

oh you are so genius, I love them both!! I am so happy that you are liking the papers! Thanks for playing along with Squigglefly!

Becky said...

These are fabulous Holly!!

Melissa MacGregor said...

This dog looks kind of like Riley - with the right coloring it would be perfect! LOL

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

ha ha! Both those doggie card give me a smile. Too cute. Great work for this week's challenge. Cheers, Holley

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
Your cards are so very, very cute! The image just makes me smile and your coloring is perfect.

wannabcre8tive said...

Both of your cards are so cute. Love the puppies. I love the paper that says "chase cat up a tree'.