Thursday, August 23, 2012

Birthday Butterflies

Here we are one day closer to Friday! I've got another orange card to share with you today, well really it's an orangey yellow.  I told you I was on this orange kick!





I used one of Diana Garrison's incredible drawings. It's called Butterfly Beauties, and I think it's appropriately named because this is a beautiful image! I colored it with copic markers and chalked the background in a light blue.  There is a little bit of stickles on the sunshine (it could be the moon if you wanted it to be!) and the yellow flowers at the bottom.

Speaking of butterflies I want to tell you about the Butterfly Project the  Holocasut Museum in  Houston, Texas is doing.  They are collecting 1.5 million handmade butterflies to represent the 1..5 million children who were murdered.  The butterflies can be up to 8x10 inches, but they must be hand made.  I have been crocheting a lot of these butterflies and plan to send as many as I can before the deadline.  I just thought that as many crafters as there are who visit my blog that some of you may be interested.  They can be any kind of butterfly - quilted, stamped, crocheted, etc...

I cut around the image allowing the vines to trail out and embossed the card base with a swirly embossing folder.  That butterfly is die cut with  a Cherry Lynn Designs die.  Isn't it just beautiful?  I love the little piercings on the edges of the wings.  The sentiment is computer generated.


I got my new glasses yesterday.  Lens wise I love my vision.  Fit wise, not so much.  I need to go back and have her adjust them to fit my face better.  They hit my nose too much or something and it makes the sides of  my nose by my eyes itch and there are red places when I take the glasses off.  My old glasses didn't do that.
I'm also still getting used to the frame - my old glasses were pretty much invisible around my eyes and these new ones have a darker frame at the top.

I do love the vision though.  She told me that these I Zon lenses really make a difference in night time driving, but I haven't had any reason to be out after dark since I got them so I can't comment on that yet.  I'll let you know though!

Wishing you a fantastic day and reminding you to play in Squigglefly's blog challenge!   I was able to see some of the new images being released on September 1st at Squigglefly,and there are some really great images coming.  You could win the challenge and have your pick for free if you win!


6 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

what a great card Holly--I just love how you have made it wrap around--so pretty!! I love all the orange you have been using!

wannabcre8tive said...

I love this bright and cheery card, it is beautiful. I do like the butterfly die, I just ordered one 2 days ago. I always like how you add the stickle's, I need to use mine more.

Have a great day.

Tammy said...

For someone who is a prisoner after dark, I'd love to know that you can see at night! Love, love your card, the orange just really makes the image pop! Love the idea of collecting butterflies!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Holly!

Love those luscious colors!

Brat

Reflections from Granny said...

Beautiful, just love the colors and the butterflies. Your crochet ones are stunning, something I can't ever seem to do right is crochet.

Congrats on the new glasses, it's amazing what new lenses can do for eye site.

Hugs, Lori m

Niki said...

Cute card, and thanks for the butterfly info. I really like how the vines curl outside the rectangle.