Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Birthday Moves

Hi everyone! Hope you are having a good week. I am absolutely so thrilled that Mother Nature has quit punishing us with heat and sent us a cool front. The weather has been so nice the last couple of days! It makes me itch for Fall!

 I found this on Paper Crafter's Corner and wanted to share it with all of you. It's 13 reasons to participate in a challenge.

 13 reasons why YOU should participate in challenges!
 Challenges are a great way to keep your creative juices flowing.
Challenges force you to keep up-to-date with what’s CURRENT and on-trend!
Sketch challenges take the design pressure out of the process so you can focus on the fun details.
Challenges give you a starting point when you need help getting your mojo going!
Challenges eliminate at least 1 part of the design process for you, so you can get started faster.
Checking out the other participants’ interpretations of a challenge exposes you to many different kinds of creative ideas and processes!
Challenges can force you out of your comfort zone … so that you continue to evolve & explore new ideas.
 By participating regularly with a certain challenge blog, you will get to know the other challenge participants and make some online friends.
Challenge participation can drive traffic to your blog — if that’s something you’re looking for
 Regular participation with your favorite manufacturer’s challenges may help you catch their eye — or lead to a cool guest designer opportunity!
You could win some cool prizes!
Challenges are a great way to use-up your STASH!!
Challenges are FUN!
 Now doesn't this make you want to run over to Squigglefly's blog and play in our Triple Dip challenge?

 Today's card is a birthday card I made for a friend. I thought this little Twirling Koala image was so sweet! Christine Grove is the artist. She has a few other images at Squigglefly too, and they are all really sweet.




I colored it with copic markers and computer generated the sentiment. I loved the colored circles in the ribbon, so I used circles in the sentiment to mimic that.  In hind sight, having the image in a square probably doesn't really work, but I still like the card.   Hopefully my friend will too!


11 comments:

Tammy said...

Love, love your birthday card, absolutely adorable image! I do like the image in on a square!

wannabcre8tive said...

I totally agree on the reasons to do challenges. I love the colors on your birthday card and what a cute little bear that is colored so perfectly.

Linda said...

Adorable card and I love the reasons to do challenges. Can I use that on the Raisin Boat blog?

wannabcre8tive said...

I totally agree on the reasons to do challenges. I love the colors of your card. That little bear is adorable and so well colored. Your friend will love it.

Linda W. said...

I love the reasons - all work for me! And I love the image by Christine - looks like I need to go shopping right away! Thx Holly!

Dixieglitzie said...

Holly you are so witty:) I love to see all of the sentiments you come up with. This card is adorable. I'm sure your friend will love it.

caroldru said...

Holly, I love the card. All your cards are so cute! I wanted to let you know I received my Prize Monday!!! So exciting!!! Thanks so much for all the wonderful gifts! I will enjoy using all of them. I made a video for You Tube showing off my Prize. Check it out at Handmade Cards & Crafts by Carol.(carolwatsonscreations.blogspot.com) Thanks again!!! Carol (RHSC)

bumblebee creations said...

awwwhhh... this is just adorable! Love that image!

Shawna said...

So sweet! Love that little koala and what you did with the image.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

What a great image and card! When my DD was little, she loved to twirl! This would so make her giggle.

Tonya said...

This is cute. Great sentiments. Hope you have been doing well, hun.